IBM Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Being a internal referral it was very straight foreword; I had one phone interview and a one on one interviews with six people, including HR, director and VP of division......it went very smooth and just what I expected.

Software Test Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in April 2014.

I applied online on their website. I received an email to schedule a phone interview and it went easy. During the phone interview, two managers asked me about myself, my projects and why I selected IBM. I was directed to onsite-interview one week later. I went there and I met a very friendly managers. No specific questions; all about your resume and no technical questions.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

Unfortunately my interview was over 10 years ago and was a little non-traditional.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take a technical evaluation test, not sure if this is still part of the process.   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

It was 25 years ago, so I don't recall all the details. But I remember having to take a full day of tests (things like math and logic problems). The tests were the same that software engineer candidates had to take.

Interview Questions
    They offered me so much more money than other companies that I just said yes. I negotiated only the start date.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Use your past experience in a positive light and show specific metrics of achievement.

Interview Questions
    • Describe each account you supported and the net revenue obtained fro your direct involvement.   Answer Question
    I was given a base salary with expectations of incentives. Non negotiable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2011.

3 - 4 rounds of interviews
    Usual questions on programming especially C
    Linked Lists, bitmaps binary search trees
    Networking basics, TCP/IP, routing switching
    Some genric problem solvign type questions

Client Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2011.

I was contacted directly by a hiring manager of a sales team. The initial interview convinced him that I was more suited for a Technical Pre-Sales type of function, and my resume was passed on accordingly. 1 month later, I was contacted by the Technical Sales training manager. I was to be interviewed as a college hire for their training program.

During the course of the following few weeks, I interviewed with the landing manager, and the landing team members. I could tell that the employees were all IBM veterans, and are very satisfied in their jobs. My landing manager, in particular, was a main reason that I ultimately accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The usual: Retell a time when you were faced with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2011.

I got a message from a hiring manager in IBM that he selected me from thousands of resume and would like to talk to me in phone. Then we set up a phone interview about half week later.

Then the manage came and chatted with me about half an hour. The talk was mainly about my past project experience on my resume. After that, he asked me to go to IBM SVL to see their lead.

In SVL I met their project lead and talk about half hour. He introduced their project and ask me some questions about my experience that matched their project technology. what I can remember is some technilogy about JAVA, Jboss and JMS. My answer of Jboss part was bad, I guess that's the reason why I was rejected.

Then about half week later I got a rejection letter. I felt a little surprise since I talked happily with IBM guys and I haven't been asked to a technical interview yet.

User Experience Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2010.

A manager from IBM came to my university and presented about the internships that were available at the San Jose location of IBM. They mainly talked about an internship in the user experience/interface development and how the position required computer programming skills.
    At the end of the presentation they offered to take resumes from the students that attended. About a week after handing the manager my resume and sending one through email, I received an email from two other mangers. The manger that had visited my university fowarded my email to other managers at IBM and I ended up interviewing with them the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with a programming language? How extensive? May we view some of your work?   Answer Question

Extreme Blue Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

They do 3 rounds of interviews for their MBA internships - all phone. The rounds are only after an initial resume scrubbing round.

Lots of team oriented and "tell me an experience when" questions. Very specific questions about IBM and their acquisition activities. Do your homework on the company and why you think they are going the direction they are.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some of the recent acquisitions IBM has made and how do they fit into our business plan?   Answer Question