IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

Initial interview with the recruiter was a horrific experience. The recruiter could not stick with his schedule appointments and left me hanging many times. I quit trying because that's not the type of business I'm going to deal with - I'm sure this is a group-by-group basis, I just happened to connect with one of the worst. Blah

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at IBM.

Part of acquisition as most people are. I just had to fill out paperwork to make the transition. There are lots of hiring freezes and I wouldn't apply if I had the option. The company is huge and you are literally just a number.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Very detailed - post MBA. Starts out with one on one behavioral interview then you move on to Case interviews where you compete with other students who passed the one on one behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Case Interviews with presentation to IBM senior management   Answer Question
    No negotition

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Second round phone interview; general questions about time management, detail about specific job experiences.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Applied through school, interview consisted of three back to back interviews. One behavioral, one technical and one case study. The technical was just discussing your technical proficiencies and the behavioral were just standard questions (i.e. tell me a time when..)

Interview Questions
    • Case study about company that sold hardware, software and services over a 5 year period with declining revenues and flat gross profit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Applied Online after a colleague referred me.
    Recruiter called and talked about the position etc and set up a Technical/Screening interview. Technical interview wasn't very technical, just wanted me to walk him through my resume. If you pass this, they'll set up an onsite interview. They will have you pick a day and fly you out for an "Interview day".

Interview Questions
    • Group Business case about tech modernization for a consumer packaged goods co looking to expand nationwide from regional. They provide you a booklet with information about the company, it's products, history, sales numbers, problems etc. and you're given 15-30 minutes to digest the information and 30 minutes to collaborate with the group and come up with a presentation outlining your recommendations.

This is followed by two 1-1 interviews with the Partner and Associate Partner

View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Highly persuasive recruiter talking me into going to a career day where I ran the gauntlet. Received an offer the next day. Then the legal department delayed the proceedings for 10 weeks while they decided what to do about my non-compete clause with current employer.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, it was take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

6 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

They interviewed 6 rounds, and made a decision to offer. The offer they gave was for a lower position than what I applied for. Other IBM friends told me that it is an insult. I told the same and declined the offer. The offer they gave was even lower than my current pay.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

- Applied through LinkedIn for a different position posted by the recruiter
    - Recruiter replied requesting a time to talk
    - IBM does not work with F1 visa holders

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Started with a a quick call with a recruiter then a 45 minute call with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • IBM is looking for consultant that has done full life-cycle implementations so make sure you emphasis this   Answer Question