IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

47 interviews

2.8

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at IBM.

Part of acquisition as most people are. I just had to fill out paperwork to make the transition. There are lots of hiring freezes and I wouldn't apply if I had the option. The company is huge and you are literally just a number.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Very detailed - post MBA. Starts out with one on one behavioral interview then you move on to Case interviews where you compete with other students who passed the one on one behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Case Interviews with presentation to IBM senior management   Answer Question
    No negotition

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Was interviewed be 3 different IBM Partners. These were each 30-minutes in length and happened back-to-back, so it was a little enduring. Overall, had a good experience. 2 of these were behavioral interviews and 1 was a business case. The case was challenging but doable - it was my first case interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2011.

first round was a case. second interview involves doing a group case and presentation all morning, and then doing individual behavioral interviews all afternoon. The morning includes observation of groups and how candidates work together

Interview Questions
    • you have no control over who is in your group for the morning activity; many applicants have simply gotten lost in the fray due to having a bad team.   Answer Question
    They were open to negotiating on salary, but not on promotional opportunities or vacation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2011.

Got invited to a full day interviews in Virginia. I had 3 interviews; behavioral, skills and case interview.

Interview Questions
    • how would you deal with a high-value client that keep asking you things to be done in unreasonable times?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Second round phone interview; general questions about time management, detail about specific job experiences.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Applied through school, interview consisted of three back to back interviews. One behavioral, one technical and one case study. The technical was just discussing your technical proficiencies and the behavioral were just standard questions (i.e. tell me a time when..)

Interview Questions
    • Case study about company that sold hardware, software and services over a 5 year period with declining revenues and flat gross profit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Here is the hiring process in sequence :-

1. Telephonic Interview by Senior Management - Typically happens within 1-2 weeks after resume is shortlisted
    2. Call for face to face interview - After you clear telephonic round, IBM will give you different options to choose location and date for face to face interview.
    3. Face to face interview will start with a presentation by IBM. All interviewers will be divided in groups (typically 3 per table), and a case study will be given to each group.
    4. Expectation from each group is to discuss the case study, and be ready for presentation in front of senior management. Each team member in a group must decide what he/she would present. Typically you will get 2-3 min to present your section.
    5. Three rounds of face to face interview will be conducted after case study presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round is easy, but behavioral rounds might have questions that need you to scan your past work and answer them accordingly like :-
      1. Example where you have contributed potential savings in a project
      2. Any example where you did something wrong in a project, and how did you fix it etc....
        Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Started with a a quick call with a recruiter then a 45 minute call with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • IBM is looking for consultant that has done full life-cycle implementations so make sure you emphasis this   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

6 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

They interviewed 6 rounds, and made a decision to offer. The offer they gave was for a lower position than what I applied for. Other IBM friends told me that it is an insult. I told the same and declined the offer. The offer they gave was even lower than my current pay.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!