IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

1 telephone interview
2 CV focussed interview
Assessment Day

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

My CV was provided to the company through a friend. I was then sent a job spec and I had a short phone interview with a partner. I believe the usual process is to go through two interviews - one with a manager and one with a partner.
    I was then sent an offer of employment via HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Application on-line, followed up by a telephone interview and a recruitment day. Straight forward and very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Pressure Challenge - 10 mins to read a large case study on a company losing money and 3 mins to plan and prepare a recommendation (team work of 3).   View Answer
    Straight Forward - accepted as long as they paid me another £1000

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Interview was straightforward except for one sticking point. A friend who interviewed for a similar position in Australia reported precisely the same experience and the same irritation.

In the interview, a scenario was pitched in which an arbitrary question requires a numerical answer. You will have to "guess" a whole bunch of input data and then predict an answer.

If your first instinct is to build a simple mathematical model to reduce the number of arbitrary guess-numbers you need to use you will be "wrong". This will not be explained to you but you may be told afterwards that you need to guess the entirety, i.e. simply start throwing random numbers down on a piece of paper and work out a single-use answer. The question will usually be something where you could get the answer off the internet in 5 seconds.

It's a useless scenario and entirely contrary to the way an experienced analyst should work but there you have it. Welcome to IBM.

Interview Questions
    • You want to convert motor license fees to a fuel tax only. By what percentage should you increase the fuel tax?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Telephone interview followed by an Assessment Center - Case study, Group Discussion, Presentation, Competency based interview, Partner and then a HR round of interview. Assessment is completed in a single day. However the process of applying and getting a call takes time can take upto a couple of months.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you change companies so often?
      Are you an opportunist?
        Answer Question
    Reasonable, not a very great negotiation opportunity.