IBM Senior Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was great. Met wonderful people. I was applying for the job from which I was laid off. However, they all but offered me the job at the final interview with the hiring manager. I was told I was the perfect candidate and to expect an offer. After all, it was the job I had for 15 years. I heard nothing for nearly 2 weeks and I followed up with them. I was shocked when I was told they were going to keep looking for other candidates. I thanked the recruiter for her help. She assured me that she would be getting back to me with new opportunities, as I was a perfect rehire candidate, that my skills were extraordinary and that I had very good recommendations. It's been over a month and I have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience at IBM previously. I was a rehire.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

My interview and hiring process was 16 plus years ago and I was an experience hire. The process has changed and is more rigourus and relies a lot on recommendations.

Negotiation

Simple, IBM offered a competitive package

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, case studies, behavioral questions..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was initially a little difficult as it looked like they weren't initially interested, but upon obtaining an offer from a competitor, they perked up and quickly moved through hiring.

Interview Questions

• How many projects have you completed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short. They clearly wanted me to join and made the top offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

Had a couple interviews: Technical Interview and Business interview. Simple to get to the next steps

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Process was very fast as they were trying to fill a position for an upcoming project

Interview Questions

• how do you configure key figures in SAP APO   1 Answer

Salary

Senior Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial contact by headhunter. On site interview in WDC. all day interviews. met with 10 people. Some group interview questions. Follow on negotiation with head hunter.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

Very professional and informed the whole way through the process.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project I managed   1 Answer
    • What technology was I strongest in   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Without much fuss but maybe a bit slower than smaller, more agile companies. Very heavy on in-person interviews to test fit and overall candidate performance. The screening process for my particular position started at the university with a phone interview and closed with a intense 4 interviews in one day session a couple of weeks later. Emphasis is on fit (passion/enthusiasm for the industry and company) and business cases that require some creative thinking and basic understanding of the IBM business model.

Interview Questions

• Heavy on business cases that are somewhat IBM specific. Reading up on the company's strategy helps and is expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited negotiating power. IBM has clout in the industry and uses it. This giant doesn't fall with any individual and will not give in. Will respect market rates though as you can prove them.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very open and relaxed. We talked about my experience and how it related to the position. it was a very positive experience. The position is within the Interactive Experiences part of IBM and it has more of an agency feel, rather than the more stuffy/old school IBM. So a lot of what I had read online about IBM did not apply here. There is change afoot within the organisation and new blood is helping with that change.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing I was most proud of in my career to date.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was done in advance with the recruiter, so I was aware of what was being offered in advance of the offer.