IBM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Two rounds technical java questions and 1 HR round. The questions were easy if prepared well. HR round was mainly to discuss package. Got the offer letter in a months time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for the position of "Senior Software Engineer" on IBM's career website. Got a phone interview call after month. After the phone interview, received an onsite interview email after one month further. Interview was very easy, nothing difficult, basic behavioural questions. However when I received the offer, I saw that the job title got changed and they removed the word "Senior" from the job title. After analyzing the offer thoroughly with the benefits details, I realized that it is not competitive with respect to the market. Hence I decided to decline it.

Interview Questions

job title got changed in the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM (Foster City, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Database questions (given a use case, design tables, write queries to get certain data out), Java OOP questions, synchronization in Java, HashMap + hashcode questions, Hibernate questions, Flex questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some Hibernate questions that I wasn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a little on salary and also got sign-on bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

3 - 4 rounds of interviews Usual questions on programming especially C Linked Lists, bitmaps binary search trees Networking basics, TCP/IP, routing switching Some genric problem solvign type questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Interview

Had 3 interviews for this position. Hiring 1st level manager, 2nd line manager, and one peer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM (Irvine, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Contract to hire for specific project.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Dayton, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and well organized. I was placed in a nice hotel and the interviewer comes to my room for interviewing. There were three rounds of interview and it was very well organized.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience and my skill set assessment   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first step was a technical interview. It was performed by the team manager and some team members. They were looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can write c++. Most of the questions were oral but there was one exercise in writing for which they gave about 15-20 minutes to complete it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at IBM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 weeks - interviewed at IBM

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 Telephonic, 1 Technical