IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.1

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in Bangalore in 2009. The interview was fairly straightforward,no surprises. I think it all depends on your specific interviewer. My skillset is Mainframes and that's what the interviewer tested. The technical int lasted for about 45 mins and was followed by an HR interview with the Project Manager. I quoted a number and was offered that salary. I was offered Relocation benefits as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

For me it was easy since I had already worked for the client I was interviewing for, in this position and only had an interview about the new application I was going to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Noida (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of technical discussion followed by Manager and HR discussion. 2 different technical panels were involved in technical interview. I must say it was very interactive. Overall Interview process was very good in terms of timings and quality.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot Storage related performance issues with ESXi hosts?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted what I was offered.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

1) Telephonic - Technical 2) F2F - Technical 3) F2F - PDM 4) F2F - HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pathetic

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of two rounds. One is technical and the other round is PDM. In technical the interviewer asked Level 2 questions which are above average which took about 30 mins. After that the interview with the Project Deployment Manager who negotiates with the salary components

Interview Questions

• State about all the web components involved in developing a web application   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The PDM people will stick to what they told. Their decision is first and last.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

I attend a walk in thru one of the recruitment vendor. 1 round of technical interview with less complex questions. 2nd round of personal interview which was mix of technical and personal. negotiation of salary and I received offer letter by mail after 8 days. they didn't allow to carry anything in premise.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview

2 rounds of interview tested banking domain skills mailny Payments and fund transfer.

Interview Questions

• payment involving 3 banks so how the swift messages will be generated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

ok

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Hyderābād (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

1. Technical round consisted of a case study to find out the feasibility of a certain technology being used. 2. Manager round was a behavioral round with no technical questions asked. Was more about the previous role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was good.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview

It was for a Project Specific position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much scope of Negotiation.