IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 10, 2014
14 interviews

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed in Bangalore in 2009. The interview was fairly straightforward,no surprises. I think it all depends on your specific interviewer. My skillset is Mainframes and that's what the interviewer tested. The technical int lasted for about 45 mins and was followed by an HR interview with the Project Manager. I quoted a number and was offered that salary. I was offered Relocation benefits as well.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

For me it was easy since I had already worked for the client I was interviewing for, in this position and only had an interview about the new application I was going to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

As per the initial communication very straight forward technical questions which you can easily discover on google. Once technical round is done. You will be called for a face to face round with manager for salary discussion.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions you will encounter if you are technically good.   Answer Question
    Negotiate as much as you can.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

It was two interview, and after that I waited about 2 month for approving.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and also about previous experience.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2008.

The process was avg. Have to wait for interview. Took up my entire day. That was it.

none

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

It was for a Project Specific position.

Interview Questions
    Not much scope of Negotiation.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

1. Technical round consisted of a case study to find out the feasibility of a certain technology being used.
    2. Manager round was a behavioral round with no technical questions asked. Was more about the previous role.

The offer was good.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Got a call through consultants. Interview conducted in two steps, Technical round followed with Manager round. Technical round was based on core java, JSP/ Servlets, Application servers and past experience. Manager round was fairy simple with more emphasis on salary expectation.
    Got offer after few days which was later revised for better compensation.

Interview Questions
    Just replied to their initial offer letter with expected salary structure and they reverted back updated offer letter

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Had a Technical and a HR Interview , Was asked question related to my specific area of expertise

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2008.

First technical cum managerial round was conducted by an expert where generic interview questions were asked including the area of work in past, experience, management and how to handle different types of situations.
    Then HR round consisted of background questions, check and salary discussions.
    Total time was around 5 hours including wait period.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was quite rigid and not much flexibility was provided.
    It is better to assertive and stick to a figure in case you want to get to a figure.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!