IBM Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

They sent me an email and schedule a phone call interview, and it took about half an hour for the interview, some basic resume questions and ask me to describe the most impressing projects that have ever done, and then some questions on the projects that they will do.

Interview Questions

• Introduce the project that will be working on, and also some system design stuff   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

After the phone screening and coding challenge there is the on site interview. It takes 3-4 hours during which you meet the entire project team. Some may ask technical questions, but generally they ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Social/Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online and the team member contacted me after like a month through email. We set up a time for a technical interview. He was 30 mins late for the interview. Interview went good, but never got a response from them after that.

Interview Questions

• 1) Sort the integers in an array
      2) Design an elevator system
      3) Some question involving linkedlist and hash table.

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2015.

Interview

Only behavioral questions were asked. We went through each part of my resume and talked about my experiences. The hiring process involves an online test before the official offer, which is quite challenging. Other than that, the interviewers were nice.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Tucson, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied though college recruiter website.
    Then got an email a month later to set up an interview. Was technical and behavioral. Nothing too difficult.
    Asked about a lot of projects and work experience. Also informed me on what they do there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with someone   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

Received an email from an IBM recruiter who acquired my resume from a university job fair event. Scheduled a time for a phone interview. Accepted a call with 2 technical team members. Asked me questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the challenges you faced when initially developing software?   Answer Question
    • What things do you want to achieve by working on our team at IBM?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had seven rounds of interview. Each round was tough than other. All were technical except the seventh round with project manager. First few rounds were based on the resume but later rounds were on technical skills.

Interview Questions

• None. I was aware of almost all the questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview then followed with a coding challenge. FInal step is an all day on-site interview consisting of one on one interviews and a presentation of you work. The whole process was kind of long but they have good communication throughout the whole process. Had a good experience and good feedback from it.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. After the typical tech questions it was heavily focused on culture fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I had applied the to this position through the IBM portal I received a phone call after 3 weeks. I had a phone interview for around 25 minutes.in the phone interview I was asked about my undergrad project by the project manager for the position at ibm. After that round she called me to Austin and there I had two rounds of interviews.one with the project manager and the second with the team of three developers second interview was pretty tough because it was technical the first one was just a casual conversation with the project team lead she just spoke about the technologies that I had listed on my resume and asked me a few questions which gave her a fair idea of what I knew . This interview is pretty easy to crack if u know the fundementals of all the technologies listed in your resume.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

All I had to do to get the interview was talk to a few people at my school's career fair. If you have solid credentials (work experience in open source, good GPA, etc.) then you have a good shot at an interview. They do a lot of Python programming and working with open source technologies in this sector of IBM, so experience in that world is also a plus. The interview was not technical, although they were prepared to make me an offer based on the way that I described my experiences with the various technologies that they were interested in.