IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met through a friend and got hired via his manager. The hiring manager is professional and trust-worthy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation room to wiggle since it is corporate-determined.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Boston, MA).

Interview

First, i received a call online

Interview Questions

Hiring process is not done yet ! i will update this later

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Hi Friends, Here are some questions I faced. Hope they are useful to others. 1. Tell us something about yourself. 2. Do you have any other qualities which you have not mentioned in the CV? 3. What are your limitations? What are you doing to overcome them? 4. Why should you be hired for this position? 5. Which is your favourite sport? Why? 6. What would you do if a dam in your vicinity breaks and you find your village surrounded by water all of a sudden? 7. Your performance in engineering has not been as good as 10th and 12th. Why? 8. What are your hobbies? 9. What do you want to work at IBM? 10.What do you know about IBM? 11.How do you rate your learning skills? 12. Would you like to ask me any questions?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview with a panel

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was contacted by the Manager of the Group, and invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Soft skills questions.. What experience do you have, and how would you deal with when working with someone culturally different, and you are having communication issues?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone-call interview, skill interview, manager interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

get a paper test first, the paper test include IQ , java/c++ and other computer science knowledge which include data structure, OS, and so on.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews. 1 with the hiring manager and 1 with a software developer. Phone interview consisted of a number of questions to check my breath of knowledge. This was anything from OOPs concepts, data structures, databases, etc. Then i was called onsite where i was interviewed by 4 people.. There was a code review round, coding questions etc. Finally met with the hiring manager again. I heard back from them a week later with a coding exercise. Hear back from them a week later with an offer. Negotiated a bit and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they like you there is always room to negotiate .

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 aptitude test, 1 gd and an interview. the test was only for half an hour. questions were easy but time was the biggest factor. interview was rather pleasant.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

I got an internal reference from my friend. After the manager got my resume, I had a face to face interview at the company.