IBM

Average Difficulty
121 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview, first technical and second managerial round. Technical is difficult to get through but after that Managerial round is easy one. Most of the times they negotiation on salary part but I heard asking technical or case study types questions as well.

Interview Question – They will ask you more technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Had an interview on campus and then went to the rtp office to meet with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Just questions on stuff on my resume, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Met with 6 folks (some managers and tech leads) in a single day that began at 9am and ended at 4:30pm. Managers tended to describe the products and gauge how my personality might fit within the team. Technical leads grilled me on some of the finer points of Java development, heap/stack questions, and JEE. I was also asked brainteaser / riddle style questions. While in the presence of the interviewer, I was asked to draw on the whiteboard and talk my way through solving the riddle.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Question – The brainteaser was quite tricky. I was not told whether my answer was correct or acceptable, however there was plenty of room within the context of the question to be creative.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details – Many employees come in after one (or often many) internships. The internship interview was less technically challenging than some other companies'. There were two phone screens before hiring as an intern. Both interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – 1 round of telephone interview and another round of onsite interview with mixed behavioral and technical questions

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Rochester, MN

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Technical interviews, technical/logic tests, not bad

Interview Question – Nothing too tricky   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, on campus interview, then one day visit to company

Interview Question – Straightforward technical questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to work at a startup

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Interview Details – First, I was first brought in for a day long interview with three people. I was asked mainly behavioral questions and a few basic Java questions. Then after I was initially turned down, they contacted me for another interview during a second hiring phase. This was just a phone interview about my interests and to explain the opportunities available. Afterward, I was given a project to complete and present to a technical lead. Finally, they had me take an online intelligence test. I was offered the job shortly after that. It was a long process that began in March and ended in July, but there is an excellent job at the end of the road if you can stick with it.

Interview Question – Why would one use pass by reference instead of pass by value?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I thought the initial offer was fair.

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Communication skills