IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Interview

Is there any one who can tell me how much time it might take to get the official offer letter after the verbal offer.? Thanks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Lenexa, KS) in February 2013.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at the Spring Engineering Career Fair at the University of Iowa and he took my resume and we talked a little. Shortly afterward I received an e-mail from IBM asking to set up a phone interview. A couple hours after the phone interview I received an email from a hiring manager asking me what I would expect as a salary. Finally, over the course of about 2 weeks I had to fill out an application and take an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• The question was "How do you swap two values without creating a new variable?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'll be right out of college and the offer was good, so I did not haggle with them. They offered $65,000 with relocation assistance and a $2,000 lump-sum check for miscellaneous moving expenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

phone interview, followed up by a technical in person interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was tedious and time consuming. The staff was somewhat friendly. They just stared at you the entire time. They always question your abilities and leadership skills. I feel as if the company needs to be more fair and respectful. I have never been in a process like this before. You must know someone from the inside of the company, to succeed in a job here. I will be going to DELL as their interview process is easier. IBM should be a shame.

Interview Questions

• Teach us the steps in technology   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Submit the application online. and got the phone call to schedule a interview after 3 weeks. Went to IBM building next week and this is a written test. total 13 questions within 1 hour, half of them are coding question. After 1 hour, there are 2 current employees to review your answers and ask about the projects in the resume

Interview Questions

• given a array and a number, check if the number is the sum of two elements in array   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called up, and asked about my former work experiences and told about the position they were trying to fill. They followed up with an online/ phone coding interview. I qualified to fly down to an onsite interview. Met the team, answered questions on my past work and commented on their existing work. Went through another code interview and a debugging interview. Had a meet and greet with employees and other applicants. Went to lunch with the team. and then was flown back home.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a series of CSS selectors and asked me to tell them which HTML elements were being referenced.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the career fair for IBM. A few weeks later, I was contacted by a manager that they were interested in doing a phone interview. I did the phone screen and then was followed up with another technical phone interview a week later. Both went well so later on I then took the IPAT test and submitted more details on my application. I later then received an offer. I asked for an extension to decide after some interviews with other companies. For now, I will say that I "declined" the offer, but it is still on the table and who knows if I will accept it in the coming month.

Interview Questions

• Why does the printf statement take so long to print from the Arduino in one of my projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with my school's IBM recruiter and went on to apply online to the job postings I thought would best fit me. The recruiter sent the hiring managers a personal note along with my resume and application. I received an email a few weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview and asking me to rank my software skills. Phone interview went well and I got invited to an in office interview a few weeks later. Office interview started with a technical interview with a current Software Engineer and ended with a standard interview with the Manager. Received a call a few weeks later from the Manager informing me of the offer I would be receiving later that week and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name three different data structures.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2011.

Interview

High level questions, for the support role. Regarding the role software developer you need to pass a test in Java or C++, you can choose. In general depends the position and the band level.

Interview Questions

• Did you have have use a configuration file?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

A manager contacted me after being forwarded my resume by a university recruiter. We had a phone interview and I was later hired. The questions were very standard technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a time you worked in a team to solve a problem.   Answer Question