IBM

Average Difficulty
119 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very casual interview done over lunch at local restaurant near school. Didn't ask many hard questions, just tried to get to know me. Submitted resume, credentials, etc online and also took a online math diagnostic test. After being hired "orientation" lasted for the day (tour of facilities, badging, getting laptop, etc).

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I was an intern software engineer, I was asked how many credit hours of school I'd completed to determine a salary. There wasn't much negotiation involved, though I believe that salary is negotiable if you are applying for a full time position.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details – communication is most important ...that is we have then we satisfied all query..requirement...

Interview Question – to developd to class software describe it   View Answers (3)

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Interview Details – initial communications with company,organization and plan the interview as per the norms of the company one should be able to express her him in front of an interviewer in a presentable wat thats all..

Interview Question – questions might be asked related on java and other progamming languages   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview, the on-site interview

Negotiation Details – there was not negotiation phase

Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview Details – IBM came down to the university for the Emerging leaders program. I was interviewed on campus by an IBM representative, and later called onsite at their RTP campus. Discussion was primarily on my technical background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Good offer, especially if you are looking go back to india/china after 2 years of work ex here.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for an hour mostly technical skills, then i had an in person interview with 3 team members focused mostly on in different areas java, db etc and then i had an HR interview

Interview Question – how do you debug and application or system crash   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2008.

Interview Details – was great - nice guys many questions regarding skills and experience company management structure- email contact with them was efficient and succinct - second part of interview with upper management seemed a little over the top and made me not want to work with them at all and the salary range was not what i wanted it to be.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – yes

Dubuque, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2009.

Interview Details – -Why do u want to work for IBM?
-Are you willing to relocate?
-Are you willing to trave?
-resume screen with technologies I know and I am confortable with?
-SQlLstatements. select & update
- interviewer gave me a scenario that on writing a jsp page with 20 fields that query the database and ask me how I will procede and how long it will take me to complete the task

Interview Question – Object oriented questions: inheritance, overloading , overriding   Answer Question

Westford, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Interview Details – It seems that the firm no longer works with innovative technologies.

Interview Questions

• What is the different between binary search on a linked list and array? Differences in runtime?   View Answer
  • Create an algorithm that tests to see if a number is prime   View Answers (3)

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2007.

Interview Details – I used monster.com to get started since I found a posting that seemed a good match for my most recent experience. I was eventually contacted by phone and I was told I was on a short list with very few people ahead of me. If those people declined the job, then I would be made an offer.

Negotiation Details – There was a short discussion regarding pay rate. I should have demanded more because I had no idea that there was no possibility of an increase for the next five (5) years.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM