IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.8

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in March 2012.

at very first they conducted an group discussion of 6-members in one panel and around 150 members attended the interview. In that some people were selected forwarded to next round that is technical interview and i got through it and went for last round that is personal in that i was failed to express my views when interviewer started asking question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

Interview was a very pleasant experience. Started with HR asking few puzzles followed by 2 rounds to technical and final HR round

Interview Questions
    Not much room left for negotiation. Package will be given according to ur previous package and skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2012.

IBM came down to the university for the Emerging leaders program. I was interviewed on campus by an IBM representative, and later called onsite at their RTP campus. Discussion was primarily on my technical background.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself 5 years down the line ?   View Answer
    • Describe your favorite project   View Answer
    Good offer, especially if you are looking go back to india/china after 2 years of work ex here.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Phone interview with Manager. Programming questions and "fit" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which something went wrong, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • What are your biggest technical flaws?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

I applied on the website. After that I received an email from the manager talking about the interest of the company in me and we make an appointment for a phone interview. Finally, I was interviewed by three different people, asking about my CV, my technical knowledge, interests, etc. In the last interview they made a hiring proposal. The people looked so professional and kind. I think that my CV was interesting for them because it was a really fast process. After the interviewed took 1 week to start talking to HR department in order to get a contract.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I think that the offer was really good.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in November 2011.

applied for java & j2ee for software engineer, interview questions were mostly from core java and oops concept, cleared all the rounds there..

Interview Questions
    • oops concepts in depth with examples, deep about oops features, why they came, what are they used for, collection features & conditional questions   Answer Question
    • database conditional queries   Answer Question

there was less part of j2ee, GUI and latest java technologies..

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Interned at the company, then was sent to the Assessment Center for interview with HR, group discussions and role plays (4 others were invited for this day), a presentation and multiple 1:1 interviews with technical people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a search engine, what components does it have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in November 2009.

It was a written test, on clearing which there was 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate as it was first job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

This year (2010) IBM India planned to hire about 10,000 new recruits (freshers + experienced personnels), so it was relatively easier (I strongly stress "relatively") to get counted in. We first had a 1-hr aptitude written test, followed by a group discussion of 15 mins. After that we had 1:1 personal technical interview. The final interview was the HR round. What bothers me is that the package they offered is below my expectation for such a strongly reputed company. The drift to more service-based work is another scare.

Interview Questions
    • Puzzle: How do you weight an elephant without using a weigh machine?   View Answers (27)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Initially there was a written aptitude test. It consisted of 3 sections. No technical ques at all. Just checking your IQ. Questions were not difficult but time was very limited.
         1st section consisted of 20 ques on matrices. there were few matrices(5x5, 6x6 etc.), each of them consisted of some numbers and alphabates and few ques on them such as swapping the rows and columns, locating rows n columns satisfying certain conditions(time - 13 min). I attempted 12-13. NO Negative marking.
         2nd section consisted of 20 questions(time - 4 min). on number series (very simple). I attempted 18. It had negative marking.
         3rd section was mathematical quantitative aptitude. It consisted of 15 ques(time - 15 min).It was toughest among all sections. I attempted 6-8. It had negative marking.
         Then Group discussion and finally technical and HR interview. There may be 2-3 interviews depending upon the interviewer and your performance. They just ask your TE, BE project and some ques on data structures, C, C++ and database.
    Interview is not so difficult but you need good communication skills.
         This way I got selected...Best luck for you.