IBM

2.8

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2007.

I used monster.com to get started since I found a posting that seemed a good match for my most recent experience. I was eventually contacted by phone and I was told I was on a short list with very few people ahead of me. If those people declined the job, then I would be made an offer.

There was a short discussion regarding pay rate. I should have demanded more because I had no idea that there was no possibility of an increase for the next five (5) years.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

The Hiring process for Graduate programming involves submitting CV and academic results. An online numeracy litaracy and word problem solving test is required to complete. Its followed by a face to face interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at IBM.

4 rounds of technical interview, follow up by managerial rounds and HR rounds.After 1 week asked for documents submission. technical interview consists of questions related to OS, Linux, shell script, C, data structure, hardware knowledge , Testing, test methodologies, programming. They will also look for better communication and convincing ability. Also they look for how much you have interest to try out for anything that comes in your way. Overall attitude and teaming skill.

Hiring Process was divided into 3 steps:-
    1. first was aptitude online exam. It was based aptitude MCQ. I would say the difficulty was 6 out of 10. But, shortlisting depends on percentile not on percentage.
    2. aptitude round was followed with a English online exam. It was relatively harder than aptitude, many people were shortlisted in this round(more than I expected).
    3. Final round was the F2F interview. It was mostly based on C/C++ questions(i would say pretty easy) along with some questions from real world scenarios and what would you do if you are in such a situation. And remember to go through your projects that you have done in past(they will finish on this).

Interview Questions
    • There was a flood in Kedarnath. They asked me, "What steps would have I taken to find out the number of missing people during the flood?"   Answer Question

They were not so clear on bond and package during placement procedure. After couple of months of waiting, I got an offer letter with 1 year bond/1Lac INR and a package of 2.9Lacs/annum. Which was clearly less that what they specified.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

i was contacted by hr after three weeks and few days later scheduled for a technical interview with a member of the team. Interview went well and the interviewer was nice. IBM has a communication problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Worst.No management and valid justifications.Hire in bulk and don't value cream candidates.They called as scheduled interview but it happened to be walkins Suggestion to never go for it.Went at 10 am in morning,got 1st round done at 6 pm.No management of HR operations at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked in HR round to work for just in 10 percent hike and don't expect much later upfront.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Slow and tedious process . Lots of interviews. very technical in nature. I was interviewed over 7 times. each time with a different engineer or management level. Most questions were basic compared to the required knowledge level. However, the interviewers always expected the response to match their intentions

Software Engineer Interview

Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in March 2014.

I found their job post in a Job Board (glassdoor.com) and applied to their site directly. Few days later or a week after they called me and invited me for an interview. I was not informed of the written exam.

Interview Questions
    • There were lots of coding items in the written test for 1 hr. First part is multiple choice. About Java threading and memory management. Second part is the coding. Most items are using arraylist. I was not able to finish the exam so during the interview they asked me how did I arrived with my answers. I felt I was able to answer them well or convinced them with my answers but I was wrong to assume on that.
      I made a follow up if I passed. Unfortunately, I receive the confirmation that they will not proceed further with my application.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

phone to get date for onsite interview , questions about all things in the CV, and general questions ,why you want to work for us,hat if you got other offer after a while , what are the main things you expect to find in the new job, technical questions about algorithms and data structures

No Negotiation phase