IBM Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

Interview started through phone for verification of your resume details. Once you passed the phone interview, the hiring manager will schedule your next face-to-face interview. Usually it will take 2 to 5 days before they call you for the interview schedule. The hiring manager will ask you about your professional background and objectives why you are applying for the job. There will be questions based on probing scenarios to check if you can spot business opportunities to sell IBM. Once you have satisfied the hiring manager's qualifications including behavior and attitude, expect next level interview. The over-all business group manager and another manager from a related business group will interview you. The questions are based on the importance of the role to their own businesses and over-all value in achieving targets. Once you satisfied them, next and final interview could be the division head.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell IBM to a client loyal to competition through the telephone.   Answer Question

Practice Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Took them 1 month to reply to my on-line application. Initial phone interview with a senior personnel went well. Follow up phone interview with Practice Lead went well too. Hiring process is cumbersome and handled by many people in different country with lack of coordination.
    Onboarding: office appeared too clinical and 'sweat shop' like on day one and hasn't changed since. Very impersonal and is likely to turn new graduates off.

Interview Questions
    I needed a job on my return from overseas and did not negotiate much. Since then, as hiring manager, I have found that salary negotiation is very rigid and requires several level of approval.

Operations Graduate Position - First Phone Chat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in August 2013.

IBM call you to have a chat to make sure you are a normal person and ask you a few simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you applied to this role?
      What can you bring to the company?
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

Online test followed by a day of challenges with other applicants.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable, apart from relocation expenses.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in August 2010.

I was introduced to the managed by a ex colleague so the interview might not be as formal as other people may have been through.

During the interview, there are many predefined questions (I think it's from the HR) regarding your personality and management/interpersonal communication skill.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between perl 4 and perl 5?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your colleague does not follow your way to do the job.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Minimum two interviews, can be a lengthy time between interviews in order to work through the internal processes and procedures. Equally can be lengthy from final interview to job offer. Has been as quick as one month from initial interview to job offer and acceptance, but also can be as long as three months. This puts some people off.

Interview Questions
    • Most people who interview have not been trained in interview techniques and many oddball questions can be asked.   Answer Question
    There is room for movement on initial salary within the band.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

3 Phases:
    Initial Introduction
    Role Discussion
    Team Fit

Graduate Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

1. Phone call from HR
    2. 1:1 with HR
    3. Aptitude test
    4. 1:1 With Hiring Manager + Case Study
    5. Offer

Interview Questions
    • How many light-bulbs are there is city 'x'   View Answer
    I joined as a graduate and was not in a position to negotiate

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

I had a few face-to-face interviews, but the big one was a panel interview. I had four people sitting on the same side of the table, opposite of me. They each had their own "script" that had specific questions. They continuously peppered me with question after question.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Standard peronsal / technical mix - not very innovative interview process

Fixxed - no negotiation