IBM

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – As an IBM employee about to be laid off due to project contract termination, I applied for another IBM position. Since I still had an IBM manager, the application was sent to him. Although the position was outside my manager's team, he attempted to interview me for the position. At the end of the interview, he felt that I had not had time on the systems in question, and could therefore not recommend me for what would seem to be a transfer. This seemed odd, since admins on systems of the type in question had been calling me to help them with their problems. It became evident to me that I had surpassed the level of income allowed for my position, and for the position I was applying for. I was making too much money.

Interview Question – If you are selected for this position, are you willing to make the mandatory move to a combined team workplace in another state, without company assistance?   View Answer

Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process at IBM is laborious. I have never had to complete so many interviews when applying to a company.

Interview Question – What isn't on your resume?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – IBM requires that new employees remain in or around Armonk for up to 2 years. I am looking to work in a different geography.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview Details – initial communication, then they asked regarding my experiance, I questioned them about the job, project, their systems, hardware and software, number of users etc. Then they asked me about my experiance, the projects handled, the companies I have worked for and the tools I have used. They also asked how big was the team size, goals of the company and how big the project was.

Interview Question – Tell me why we should hire you ?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview. First round is technical and second is PDM. PDM round is combination HR and domain knowledge.

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have good technical first negotiate band and then salary.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 3 rounds. 2 Telephonic and one face to face HR round . Telephonice Technical interviews went for around 45 minutes. For the HR round , the HR as it seems was busy when I was called in for the interview. So I had a telephonic interview with a senior Manager or something who was trying to negotiate on the salary . And we couldn't agree.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked questions on my previous experience .A bit of technical and domain knowledge,.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't believe false promises. At the time of offer letter only negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview Details – The position was for the role of a C++ developer.
There was a one on one interview with 2 members of the IBM team.Question were asked from Data structures and Pl/sql.It was surprising that only one question was asked on c++ when the role clearly stated
"C++ developer".On asking the reason on why the emphasis was not on C++-the answer was that they were trying to cover entire open systems programming background..
That is when I left.

Interview Question – Have you ever used bug tracking tool.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was smooth and consisted of one round of technical interview and one HR round. At the end of the HR round I was advised of the role for which I am being considered based on the interactions in that round and they spelled out an offer which I negotiated to match my expectations.

Interview Questions

• What design patterns have you used in your project?   Answer Question
  • What are the interfaces used in JDBC and where are their implementations located?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IBM in June 2009.

Interview Details – For contracting postions , the interview process was pretty easy. Had a intial phone screen for thirty minutes and then a detailed phone screen based on the systems concepts for an hour.

Hence the interview process was easy, and they were prompt in the reults feed back which they anounced in 3 days

Interview Questions

• Describe one of situations where you had to face a difficult customer ..   Answer Question
  • when the customers are not ready to accpet to your proposals , What would you do and how would you handle them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since the job market was dull at that time there was room for negotiation

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!