IBM

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2010.

As an IBM employee about to be laid off due to project contract termination, I applied for another IBM position. Since I still had an IBM manager, the application was sent to him. Although the position was outside my manager's team, he attempted to interview me for the position. At the end of the interview, he felt that I had not had time on the systems in question, and could therefore not recommend me for what would seem to be a transfer. This seemed odd, since admins on systems of the type in question had been calling me to help them with their problems. It became evident to me that I had surpassed the level of income allowed for my position, and for the position I was applying for. I was making too much money.

Interview Questions
  • If you are selected for this position, are you willing to make the mandatory move to a combined team workplace in another state, without company assistance?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Systems Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2009.

initial communication, then they asked regarding my experiance, I questioned them about the job, project, their systems, hardware and software, number of users etc. Then they asked me about my experiance, the projects handled, the companies I have worked for and the tools I have used. They also asked how big was the team size, goals of the company and how big the project was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2008.

The interview process at IBM is laborious. I have never had to complete so many interviews when applying to a company.

Interview Questions

IBM requires that new employees remain in or around Armonk for up to 2 years. I am looking to work in a different geography.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

2 rounds of interview. First round is technical and second is PDM. PDM round is combination HR and domain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    If you have good technical first negotiate band and then salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2012.

The position was for the role of a C++ developer.
    There was a one on one interview with 2 members of the IBM team.Question were asked from Data structures and Pl/sql.It was surprising that only one question was asked on c++ when the role clearly stated
    "C++ developer".On asking the reason on why the emphasis was not on C++-the answer was that they were trying to cover entire open systems programming background..
    That is when I left.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2011.

The interview consisted of 3 rounds. 2 Telephonic and one face to face HR round . Telephonice Technical interviews went for around 45 minutes. For the HR round , the HR as it seems was busy when I was called in for the interview. So I had a telephonic interview with a senior Manager or something who was trying to negotiate on the salary . And we couldn't agree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2010.

I was asked questions on my previous experience .A bit of technical and domain knowledge,.

Interview Questions
    Don't believe false promises. At the time of offer letter only negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2010.

The hiring process was smooth and consisted of one round of technical interview and one HR round. At the end of the HR round I was advised of the role for which I am being considered based on the interactions in that round and they spelled out an offer which I negotiated to match my expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What design patterns have you used in your project?   Answer Question
    • What are the interfaces used in JDBC and where are their implementations located?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM in June 2009.

For contracting postions , the interview process was pretty easy. Had a intial phone screen for thirty minutes and then a detailed phone screen based on the systems concepts for an hour.

Hence the interview process was easy, and they were prompt in the reults feed back which they anounced in 3 days

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of situations where you had to face a difficult customer ..   Answer Question
    • when the customers are not ready to accpet to your proposals , What would you do and how would you handle them   Answer Question
    Since the job market was dull at that time there was room for negotiation