IBM Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Great discussion of position and skills required

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with several managers and took some exams. Managers were extremely friendly and professional. Made me feel comfortable and allowed me to feel confident in describing my skill sets, by previous classes and how I could be an assets to the their corporate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 round . every round is elimination. if you clear the both app. test and English test you chance selection is 95%
    first day - Aptitude test and English communication test
    Interview

Interview Questions

• 18 ques number series
      18 ques on time / work , etc
      20 ques English communication

Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM (Delhi (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

visited my campus and process was 2 days long with complete consumption of time. first their is a aptitude test consisting of questions on no series and profit- loss , then their is a English test consisting of questions of basic English grammar and after that a one on one interview. interviewer was asking maximum questions related with personal skills of dealing with people, common interview questions and also some basic programming questions was asked. interview last for about 20 mins , after declaration of results their was a bio-metric process as well which consumed my complete day

Interview Questions

• basic programming questions, common interview questions, about IBM   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

there were 4 interviews in total
    the recruit process was a slowly one
    Hard to get a fast response until your push it.
    three of the interviews were on the phone as i was located in other country at that time.

Interview Questions

• I didn;t found any questin to be difficult. I guess it depends on your skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a +10% of what they initially proposed

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Delhi (India)).

Interview

65% cutoff, then 1 hour test testing aptitude. next round was english test where written communication was also checked. next was interview round which was very interesting.they asked basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fixed salary

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM (Calcutta (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

3 rounds
    1st : Aptitude - consisted of two sections 1)mathematical series based questions 2) simple aptitude based on percentage , ratio proportion , mixtures etc
    2nd : English - basic questions on proper grammar usage and business mail etiquette
    3rd : Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Came to campus. Had a long and tiring two-day process. Major eliminations were in the aptitude and GD rounds. Took 90% of the people who qualified GD and appeared for the PI. PI was a breeze and was more of an idle early morning banter.

Interview Questions

• "Which song was played during the medal presentations of the London Olympics?"   1 Answer

I didn't really have my heart set on a coding job and found another job in business consulting.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Calicut, Kerala (India)).

Interview

It was campus placement process,there were 3 rounds
    1.written
    2.GD
    3.technical-I
    4.technical-II

Negotiation

it was campus selection so there was no negotiation allowed

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM (Bangalore (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

First Online aptitude and reasoning questions,next round will be online english verbal test 3rd round will be GD then final round HR cum Technical