IBM Team Leader Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2011.

I was bugged by one of the consultancy from Kolkata to take interview of IBM. I told my expectations to the Consultancy guy and said I would not accept the offer if IBM offers less amount than my expectation. The consultancy guy convinced me that he would talk to IBM and make IBM to offer the amount which I was expecting. I was told that it was a scheduled interview and process would take only 3-4 Hrs.
When I reached the venue (IBM Hyderbad), I found I am not alone but there were hundreds of people lined up for Interview. And it took me 2 Hrs to get into the IBM building. Then another 2 Hrs for getting a call for technical interview. Interview was good.
After the interview I was asked to wait for sometime to know the result of Interview. After waiting another 1 Hour, I went and checked with one HR who was monitoring the interviews and he asked me to leave. Then another HR came and asked to wait and fillup the form for PM round. After filling te form I waited for another 1 hour for my chance. The PM round interview was good again. Then I was asked to leave.
After a week or 2 one fine day I got the Offer, I was so excited to check what is my offer. When I saw the offer, I should say no Permanent employee would go for the offer. I was offered 30% less than my current CTC and a designation lesser than what I am having. When I replied to IBM with all possible data about my current salary, the guy responed saying that I should join for same Salary offered and it cannot be changed. The IBM HR never ever called me about the offer. I called the consultancy guy to check about the offer. That guy said he would revert back to me once he talks to IBM which he never done it till date.

I was so frustrated with the IBM interview process and Consultancy that I decided I will never join IBM in my entire life.

I wanted to ask IBM why should someone who is permanent in his current company join them with lesser salary and designation. I think they conducting the interviews only for namesake. I suggest who ever see this review please dont fall into the trap of these consultancies which call fo interviews.

Worst possible dealing with a Wannabe Employer before joining the company, not sure how they would treat the after joining the company.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2010.

got a call and then had a direct one to one interview on technical. Interview was easy and moved further to next round for managerial. In managerial negotiation happened for salary purpose. I was offered with 40% more than what I was getting.

Interview Questions
    • few basic question on jsp like default objects   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Process ad-hoc, possibly due to the number of interviewees.
    There are no people to guide you where the waiting area is or where the water coolers / restrooms are located.
    Interview process can be improved

Interview Questions
    • What are the differances between java1.4 and java1.5 with respect to EJB s, can you esplain   View Answer
    Your salary would depend on the prev company salary and you can expect a 25% hike.
    They usually will not go above that figure.
    Some people are also offered joining bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2009.

IBM were looking for the resources for one of the projects that they had recently won. This was a walk-in interview and the recruitment agency kind of insisted me to come and attend the interview as my profile was exactly what they were looking for.
    Anyways I decided to give it a go, I waited for close to 2 hours for my turn and when I got a chance the technical panel was so very impressed with my profile as well as with my answers to the questions they had for me. I was immediately shortlisted for HR-Manager round and that too went off smoothly.
    The only concern was the remuneration being offered was not meeting my expectation(less than what I was already getting). We had few discussion there-after to discuss about the compensation but I had to reject the offer as the company was not willing to take any steps forward in the direction to match my expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in September 2009.

it all depend on interviewers mood on that day.

Interview Questions
    • how estimates done on your previous project   View Answer
    In PDM round they negotiate like any thing for salary... they offer very very less, some times less than what your getting now... we also negotiate

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2009.

Only one round of technical interview.
    Next is PDM round(Mostly related with Salary related discussion, very brief related to Management).

Interview Questions
    Even after negotiation, take home was very low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2009.

As per my knowledge IBM contains two types of Interview
    a) One Technical and one PDM round of interview. Then offer letter (if selected in PDM interview).
    b) Two technical and one PDM round of interview .Then offer letter (if selected in PDM interview).

PDM interview is same like HR interview and mostly related with salary discussion.Usually fully non-technical & salary discussion only.

Where in case of type (a) After joining company will search for projects and then internal interview in the respective project and if successful in that interview then placed in that project.

In case of type (b) person will be directly placed in the project after joining the company.

Very bad......They will try to negotiate a lot.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Formal interview with role related questions however most roles I applied for were internal where you may well know the interviewer and wre a good fit for the role

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation where you made a significant improvement what did you do and what was the result   Answer Question