IBM

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submit application and CV online. Then they determine whether you will be given an online IPAT test. Sit the IPAT and if you pass you are invited for an AC. The AC day is one day for successful candidates, and half a day for unsuccessful candidates. The morning involves a confirmatory IPAT, which is quite tough, and two group exercises. One exercise is logic based and the other is event planning. Second half of the day involves a paired exercise where you pitch a solution to a given problem to two interviewers. Then there is an interview with a Professional Development Manager - it's just a chat about your interests.

Interview Question – How did I have to behave or work differently as a woman in the sciences.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – It's a very long process. It took 3 months between the initial application and the first assessment centre. I didn't get through to the second assessment centre for this position. Online application with very long application form - fill the form out honestly because you will get asked about it. Second step is invitation to do an online test. Practise sequences and very very quick basic maths - it's not the difficulty but the timing that will get you. Most people feel like the did horrendously in the IPAT, so chin up! The assessment centre was split into morning and afternoon sessions. The morning session included an IPAT confirmatory test, a verbal reasoning test and a numerical test, a logic-based group discussion and a company presentation. For the group discussion we were split into groups of 6 and given a logic puzzle to complete in 45 min. Two silent assessors take notes on how people act within the group. Lunch - sandwiches, fruit, crisps, and drinks - was provided. After lunch those who 'passed' the morning session were invited to a one-on-one in person interview. Standard questions about the CV were followed by a few case/market sizing questions. (This wasn't the question I was asked, but they're the "How many petrol stations are there in the UK"-type questions.)

Interview Question – The market sizing question required you to make assumptions and be able to back it up. E.g. number of people in the UK, number of households etc. There's no right answer, main thing is to see how you process information and whether you think logically.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted directly and scheduled the interview.Totally 2 interviews one technical and Manager round.Technical round is internal telephonic round and Manager round is face- to- face.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions . They tested the knowledge of the candidate on both technical and functional side   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2011.

Interview Details – Good and calm process. however the process gives a good training to the new employees it also provides a technical training to the company

Technical Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in June 2008.

Interview Details – - When do we use joins and when do we use links?
- what is link specification
- How can we create a join between two business components.
- Name the different events that are fired when we hit query button on an applet.
- can we use calculated field in the script?

Interview Question – How can we invoke the browser script from the server script?
what happens when we dont use force active user property?
  Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of four rounds.

Round 1)- First Round started with the Writing Skills in which I had to write on the given topic "Technology in India"
Round 2)- Personal Interview 1to1 with the HR Manager
Round 3)- Aptitude test that consisted Maths, Computers, Reasoning and English.
Round 4)- Typing Speed Test

Interview Question – Personal introduction.   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Interview Details – First happen telephonic interview.
Then face to face interview with panel of interviewers.

Interview Question – Why are you changing the job?   View Answer

Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was within a couple of days of my application. Perhaps one of the best interviews and interviewers I've had. Gentleman was very relaxed, polite and helpful. Interviewer had suggestions to offer, indicated I would be moving to the next interview step, but didn't know when that might occur. Obviously, in a contract situation this depends upon the clients timeframe. My overall impression was VERY POSITIVE.

Interview Questions

• What things do you look for in an employment opportunity to make it a good fit?   Answer Question
  • What about travel, are you open to it? How much travel have you done in the past?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

Interview Details – The overall experience for senior technical role interview at IBM ISL(India software Labs) was negative. I breezed through the interview and everything was hunky dory until it came to salary negotiations. I guess their salary levels were less than even my current CTC. thats ok with me, but i expect them to check this before calling me for interviews. Infact i had to grind for 4 hours of interviews only to be given this news later.But this is not my only crib...
The interviews were average in some case downright pathetic.
 Some of the questions included the infamous "swap 2 integers without using temporary variable", that is a 15 year old question that managers who stopped coding back then still ask to display their smartness.
But this coming from a person who looked like an architect looked horrible.
Only god(and the interviewer) knew how many variables i would need to swap in my actual work.
Few such other cliche's were also thrown at me.Worst is, they never asked any scenario based questions and instead resorted to such gimmicks. In many cases, questions were repeated across interviews.

By the time it was 3-4 hours, i felt sick and anyway wanted to leave.

Interview Question – swap two numbers without using temporary variable   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Technical Consultant interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.