IBM Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2010.

IBM corporation called me,I schedule a phone interview. The guy asked me if i was ready for some Technical questions, off course i said yes. Asked about 25 Technical questions.

I Didn't answer enough correct,he told me right away. He was pretty respectful and told me what i need to revise for future opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • what is different btw TCP/IP and UDP
    whats DNS?
    What's a subnet
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in August 2010.

My interview consisted of the interviewer going down a list of questions to assess my level of skills for doing the job for which I was applying for. The interviewer wanted very detailed answers.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2014.

1 min of english speaking on any topic of your choice.Immediate result will be announced.Followed by an interview will be there.Intervoew will be based on just your CV.Be sure and clear about your CV preparation

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wuhan, Hubei (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wuhan, Hubei (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM.

The interview is conducted by 3 rounds. Very general questions. The first round is initiated by business team lead and the other 2 rounds are by the department managers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging problem in your previous job?   View Answer
    • What's your most successful/upset experience in your previous job?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

communication round followed by tech interview followed by hr interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I had a quick half hour phone interview to get to know my future first line manager. After a week or two I was set up with a phone interview with him and three senior engineers and asked java questions and customer scenarios. I received notice that I was getting an offer and had to take an online aptitude test before receiving the written offer. First two days spent in orientation in Armok, NY.

Interview Questions
    • The java questions were all about interface, abstract classes and inheritance.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in May 2012.

I went for the interview, waited for about an hour after submitting my cv. After that I was called for a one on one interview, got selected in that one, again waited for about an hour for the telephonic conversation. Again was asked to wait, then got a form to fill up and waiting continues. after waiting for ample amount of time I was rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in May 2012.

The 1st round for the selection process was Group Discussion wherein the company professionals were selecting candidates on the basis of their Communication skills & fluency in the language.The 2nd round was Technical Round in which the HR manager interviewed me and asked some technical questions regarding Troubleshooting and basic computer concepts.The 3rd round was Personal Interview where general questions were asked.I gave my introduction from which he asked me some questions regarding my hobbies,my qualities like where have you showed this quality etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in April 2012.

the first round was a group discussion. second was a technical skills round. and the third round was the H.R round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2012.

4 rounds of interview. Same old technical questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as such.