IBM

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – IBM corporation called me,I schedule a phone interview. The guy asked me if i was ready for some Technical questions, off course i said yes. Asked about 25 Technical questions.

I Didn't answer enough correct,he told me right away. He was pretty respectful and told me what i need to revise for future opportunity.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of the interviewer going down a list of questions to assess my level of skills for doing the job for which I was applying for. The interviewer wanted very detailed answers.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1 min of english speaking on any topic of your choice.Immediate result will be announced.Followed by an interview will be there.Intervoew will be based on just your CV.Be sure and clear about your CV preparation

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview Details – Walkin interview with 5 rounds including technical round.

Interview Question – interviewer asked me hardware related questions,i was not skilled with it,but mananged to answer.   Answer Question

Wuhan, Hubei (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The interview is conducted by 3 rounds. Very general questions. The first round is initiated by business team lead and the other 2 rounds are by the department managers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging problem in your previous job?   View Answer
  • What's your most successful/upset experience in your previous job?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – communication round followed by tech interview followed by hr interview

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview Details – I responded to an add from a head-hunting agency by riting a presentation letter and providing my CV in English.
I was contacted within 5 minutes by the head-hunter and they submitted my application to the local manager at IBM.
I had 3 phone interviews (I was on a different country):
1 -. By 2 technichal, french speaking engineers to assess my language knowledge and general backgorund;
2 - A test that consisted of a problem analysis test during 30 minutes or so and a subsequent phone call to respond to questions about the problem;
3 - An interview with the local manager for some general background information.

i then received the proposal from the head-hunter.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but one unexpected, to start talking in Spanish and then Japanese during the first phoen interview with the 2 french speaking engineers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The jog add have an interval for weekly salary and was for 3 months duration only;
I received a first proposition with a value in between the min and max and then they proposed the minimum but with a 1 year duration so I accepted due to the longer duration;
If possible I suggest to stand firm and request always the highest possible value.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – I had a quick half hour phone interview to get to know my future first line manager. After a week or two I was set up with a phone interview with him and three senior engineers and asked java questions and customer scenarios. I received notice that I was getting an offer and had to take an online aptitude test before receiving the written offer. First two days spent in orientation in Armok, NY.

Interview Question – The java questions were all about interface, abstract classes and inheritance.   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is simple . We have to go through VnA , HR and Technical Round. VnA round is to check your communication skills and confidence level. HR Round is to check for your stability and interest in the field. Technical round is not very tough and it only includes basic technical questions to ensure you have some technical knowledge and with some training you should be able to do well.

Interview Question – Questions were not very difficult . There was one question to differentiate between client and server . There was no unexpected or difficult question .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no much negotiation. As i was not looking for very high package.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interview. Same old technical questions.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can remember at this moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as such.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!