IBM

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Applied through campus hiring process.

Interview Question – It was an easy interview for me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1.)Walk-in --> First Round - A Group introduction Round, second round - Telephonic Interview, Typing Test, Technical Round, Operations Round, Appointment Letter.

2.)If Referred ---> Telephonic Interview, Group introduction Round, May be a second Telephonic Round, Typing Test, Technical Round, Operations Round, Appointment Letter.

Interview Question – 1.) For which Post you are applying? Just say Technical Support Executive, or If you are applying for any Voice Process say applying for a Voice Process, or If applying for a Back-end Process then say for back-end, and If you don't know then say Applying for any suitable opening for me, never say I don't know.

2.) Why did you left the previous organization? and Why do you want to join IBM.
  View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – It was my first Job, i joined as a Fresher, so I was very excited, So I didn't negotiated much but finally got 1,60,000 Rs offer.

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview took place at consultant place where IBM HR executive conducted the interview. First round was general human resources round, where they asked about professional, personal, hobbies and general knowledge related questions.

Second round was telephonic voice and accent round where they measured overall verbal, comprehension, elocution, accent for international process.

Third and final round was a HR round again, where they asked specific questions about my suitability for the particular job, discussed compensation and benefits, salary breakup, joining date and finally signing the offer letter.

Interview Question – "Why would we consider you for this role, where other qualified candidates are available ?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with them was a bitter experience, could not get enough juice out of it

Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview started in a Group/Panel Interview. I was asked to introduce my self which was followed by a set of questions , which were mostly based on what i had written in my resume.
This was follwed by a IQ test and a phone interview , communication skills were tested over the phone like , voice modulation , voice clarity and spoken english and skill test.
Final round was a 1:1 round which involved process oriented rapid fire questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Since i joined as a fresher i did not had much to negotiate.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!