IBM Test Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Essex Junction, VT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex Junction, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2011.

Initial communications started through the recruitment at my university. There, they just wanted to learn more about me and figure out which job positions I would be most interested in. After applying, I received a call from the hiring manager and was asked a few of the same questions. Nothing too difficult, just about what my interests were and how I like to work in school (working in groups is stressed highly at IBM).

I then had an onsite interview where I talked with 6 different people for about an hour each. Some were just because of shared interests, others because of where I would be working. That process was really just for them to see if I was a bearable person to work with. They want to see if you can hold conversations with people of all types.

After this, I had to take two tests. One was a personality test. The other was a reasoning/IQ type test. I had to complete these before they would proceed any further. The reasoning test was really difficult and was timed. I thought I did very poorly but was still offered a job.

I was informed about a week later and was given a week to inform them of my intentions.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult part was the on site interview. It was just a long and grueling process. Make sure to get plenty of rest and drink some coffee before hand, even if you arent a coffee drinker.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBM.

Very easy. All the managers and senior engineers were friendly.

Test Engineer Interview

My hiring process was simple and straight forward because I interned in the same dept. It seems a lot of people came through the internship programs. In my internship interview I was not asked any challenging questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

I applied at the IBM website and the whole process from application to job offer was 5 months. Initially, the recruiter contacted me quickly within 2 weeks. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire related to the job. I didn't hear from them for months thereafter. I applied for a similar position after several months and was contacted by the recruiter. About a month later I phone interviewed with 2 managers. Then I got the offer after a week. It was a lengthy disorganized process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly behavioral ones like how did you handle this (scenario). If you are experienced these types of questions are easy to answer because you have gone through them in real life. For example, how do you handle a difficult client manager?   View Answer
    There is very little to no room for negotiation. IBM pays lower than their competitors. Be prepared to walk away from the offer if the salary is really below your expectations because from what I hear you won't get a raise for years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Essex Junction, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex Junction, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in April 2008.

Very easy and laid back. First interviewer superficially assess your technical knowledge. Second interview was more about fit with potential team you would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of leadership outside a classroom setting.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Contacted over a career fair. Scheduled an on site interview pretty quickly. Interviewed with the team I'd be working with. The team was composed of the engineers and their HR rep. This seems to be the layout for many work groups in IBM.

We talked about my resume and the skills inside. Normal.

Contacted 2 weeks later to continue with the IPAT and an official employee application.

No offer yet.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at IBM.

Most of the times they conduct walk in which makes it difficult to be part of it.
    They close the process in one day itself so carry your all related stuff along with you.
    2 Technical and 1 HR

Very Short, no such great Negotiation happened,

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

1st round was a written test. 1st test was a general aptitude. the 2nd test was a more sophisticated written test. That would test my skills in Software Testing Concepts.

2nd Round was a telephonic interview with a Technical lead(must be). It was very short. Not more than 30 minutes.

3rd Round was a Manager round. More like into behavioral questions. Pretty easy rounds.

Then after a week I got my offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • How will you test a scenario where a telecom provider is launching a new plan package for the new customers. what is your approach to this and how will you ensure the old customers are not affected.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the salary met my expectations and that is one of the best you get for just a 1 year experienced candidate.

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.

IBM called me for an interview on December 18th, 2010. First round was technical round. It was easy. Second round was a presentation cum group discussion. It was good. Third round was 1:1 interview where the salary and position were discussed. I was told that the offer letter would be rolled out in 15 days. I still have not received any offer letter.

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

The interview was devided in Technical and PDM rpound. The technical round is pure Technical knowledge and you projects briefing. PDM roun dis more like a HR round with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!