IBM

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The job is an entry-level software developer position. There are two rounds of interviews.

The first round happened in about 2-3 weeks after I applied. Since I am local, they asked me to come onsite, and talked to 2 software developers. It took about 1 hour, and the questions are of 2 kinds: algorithm and OOD.

The second round happened in about 3 weeks after the first round. I was interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 software developers. It took about 2 hours. The technical questions are similar to the first round. Besides that, the hiring manager spent 15 minutes to describe the position in details, and then keep asking me questions like "How do you like the position?", "Why?", "What kind of job do you like?", e.t.c. I gave a honest but maybe a very bad answer "I like this job because it is local"....

After the second interview, they hold me for a month, then told me they decided not to move forward my application.

Interview Question – Similar to those in careercup   Answer Question

IT Professional Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – On Campus recruiting, progression from a summer internship. 2 interviews both behavioral and some technical. On Campus recruiting, progression from a summer internship. 2 interviews both behavioral and some technical. On Campus recruiting, progression from a summer internship. 2 interviews both behavioral and some technical. On Campus recruiting, progression from a summer internship. 2 interviews both behavioral and some technical.

IT Specialist Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was thru a job fair and first interview was done by HR, then submitted to hiring manager. After 2 weeks, technical architect would interview for about 1 hours, after passing the technical session , then hiring manager would conduct the behavioral interview, all these process took 1 months.

Interview Question – Could you tell me few example of your job achievement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring manager will contact you asking for salary range, advice to others please do not hesitate to negotiate.

Intern XL Compiler Group Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Individual hiring. It's a school coop intern program. 2 weeks after I submitted my application package, I got the interview. A team project went through my resume and asked some technical questions, he also introduced the compiler team a little bit. A few behaviour questions were asked including your failure experience.

Interview Question – Most questions are very basic questions, including tags for make file, shell script function, c/c++ basic etc.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online after campus info session. Had one round of HR interview followed by one in- person and one phone interview with two partners. Regular interview questions, strength, weakness, leadership and situational questions. Also was asked about specific industry preferences.

Interview Question – Business case on setting up a new industry practice   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No the company was inflexible on negotiating compensation; was only able to negotiate start date.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for this temporary role. I received a call by HR to set up interview and the week after I appeared in 2 quick rounds of in person interviews.

Interview Question – There were not any technical interviews...just required a bit more detail on my previous experience in order to evaluate my ability to manage the 6 month assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

DB2 Developer Intern Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Apply on IBM's website
2. Asked for transcript
3. Phone interview

Interview Question – None. HR asked some experience and introduced the job.   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – IBM Human Resources in Montreal contacted me requesting a telephone interview with HR first. Then my application was sent to the director of enterprise architecture in Edmonton Alberta. The director requested a face 2 face interview, but I was unable to do that. We set-up a telephone interview and the call lasted about half an hour. The director requested that I meet with an Executive Consultant, Strategy & Transformation (IBM Global Business Services) in Toronto.

The Executive Consultant asked about my background and various HR related questions. I did not get the role mainly, because of the Executive Consultant that I met.

Business Analytics Internship Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email for an interview around two weeks later. Phone interview was very casual, mostly consisted of learning about the job and the qualities that the best candidates should have, asked several questions in regards to the information on my resume, was set up for a second round interview the next week at the end of it.

Second interview had more situational questions, but again was very casual. Received my offer two weeks later by email.

Interview Question – What is a quality that you feel you could bring to this position that no one else could?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied via university recruiting, they got back to me within a month and brought me into an office in Toronto for a one on one interview with the team leader, and then a test with one of developers on the team. The interview consisted of some standard data structure and algorithm questions, and then some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – A situational questions about what should be done if something ambiguous was assigned to you, and nobody (either the manager, client or anyone else on the team) was available.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice in Toronto, ON. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.