IBM

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

First received a phone interview which was very informal. From there an interview was scheduled with two IBM representatives. Both asking questions and taking notes. Interview lasted just under an hour and there were about 8 questions. The two representatives also talked about life at IBM.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basically all related to past experiences. Situational type questions...
      i.e Demonstrate a time where you effectively used time management to accomplish a task?

Answer Question

Extreme Blue Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Initially applied online. Got a call and went through the process. Couple of technical interviews to get thought. Work through problems on the phone and write code in a google document where they hear speak and see you typing. They want to get a feel for how you work through a problem. (tough! Know your algorithms, their possible implementations and complexities) then you interview with the managers and teams looking to hire you. You have to fit, you are not guaranteed a position still at this point. They will test you HARD!

Interview Questions
    • lookup bitonic sort algorithm on Wikipedia. From the picture alone try write real code for the parallel algorithm. That was a question I got for one of one of the teams.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

The job is an entry-level software developer position. There are two rounds of interviews.

The first round happened in about 2-3 weeks after I applied. Since I am local, they asked me to come onsite, and talked to 2 software developers. It took about 1 hour, and the questions are of 2 kinds: algorithm and OOD.

The second round happened in about 3 weeks after the first round. I was interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 software developers. It took about 2 hours. The technical questions are similar to the first round. Besides that, the hiring manager spent 15 minutes to describe the position in details, and then keep asking me questions like "How do you like the position?", "Why?", "What kind of job do you like?", e.t.c. I gave a honest but maybe a very bad answer "I like this job because it is local"....

After the second interview, they hold me for a month, then told me they decided not to move forward my application.

Intern XL Compiler Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Individual hiring. It's a school coop intern program. 2 weeks after I submitted my application package, I got the interview. A team project went through my resume and asked some technical questions, he also introduced the compiler team a little bit. A few behaviour questions were asked including your failure experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are very basic questions, including tags for make file, shell script function, c/c++ basic etc.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

I applied through the university. Then, I took an online aptitude test and set up an interview time and location with the hiring manager. You could not study for the aptitude test. The fun part was trying to figure out the patterns in the time you were given.

Interview Questions
    • None, they talked about my past experiences and projects   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at IBM.

Applied online after campus info session. Had one round of HR interview followed by one in- person and one phone interview with two partners. Regular interview questions, strength, weakness, leadership and situational questions. Also was asked about specific industry preferences.

Interview Questions
    No the company was inflexible on negotiating compensation; was only able to negotiate start date.

DB2 Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2013.

1. Apply on IBM's website
    2. Asked for transcript
    3. Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • None. HR asked some experience and introduced the job.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Applied online, received an email for an interview around two weeks later. Phone interview was very casual, mostly consisted of learning about the job and the qualities that the best candidates should have, asked several questions in regards to the information on my resume, was set up for a second round interview the next week at the end of it.

Second interview had more situational questions, but again was very casual. Received my offer two weeks later by email.

Interview Questions
    • What is a quality that you feel you could bring to this position that no one else could?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Applied via university recruiting, they got back to me within a month and brought me into an office in Toronto for a one on one interview with the team leader, and then a test with one of developers on the team. The interview consisted of some standard data structure and algorithm questions, and then some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • A situational questions about what should be done if something ambiguous was assigned to you, and nobody (either the manager, client or anyone else on the team) was available.   Answer Question

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Typically it is a two stage interview process. The first phase is a phone interview with HR and hiring manager. The second round was with the technical team.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are typically behavioural but often also includes some technical questions depending on the role.   Answer Question