IBM Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

97 interviews

2.8

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2009.

A couple of phone interviews then face to face

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, Normal technical questions about what I have done   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Inbound Call Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

There are few direct contracts nowadays with IBM, and certainly no 'jobs for life.' I was hired originally via a recruitment agency (Manpower.) After a year I was offered a permanent position, but on contract. The interview process was the same as any other you would expect. You have to show commitment to the job and the company, and convince them you are not here today gone tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • None. I have good experience in handling all kinds of customers.   Answer Question

It would have been a huge drop in salary, plus I was aiming to move on in under a year.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Online application form - standard questions.

Aptitude Tests - number series test was one of the hardest I've had to do, however numerical reasoning (felt easier than SHL or Kenexa) - but they have to be done consecutively no break.

Assessment centre was next step - employees were very friendly and engaging, it was a good experience - refreshments provided and the first half of the day involves two group exercises (planning event for client and logic problem) and confirmatory aptitude tests.

75% of candidates sent home at lunch - next part was lunch for successful candidates followed by a case study and presentation (in pairs) and an interview with the professional development manager (competency interview but make sure you have researched the company).

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. Remember in group exercises - be calm and confident and make sure to get in early as the good questions to ask will be used up very quickly. Finally stay alert and don't be too nervous, they just want you to give the best representation of yourself that you can, so believe in yourself and be you - if you get to the assessment centre you're already down to the last 30-40 out of hundreds, so they like you and want you to keep demonstrating you're the right candidate. (nb// travel re-imbursed up to £150)   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2013.

Not very well organised. Loads of phone interviews. Truth is I got in through an acquisition...which is the way many others get in.

Interview Questions
    • None at all because it was really just a conversation.   Answer Question
    Easy. Didn't have to negotiate much and got a 10% raise. But you must be firm from the start.

Business & Technology COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM.

Online Form demonstrating competencies. Online Tests. Assessment Centre. One-to-One interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were to win £100,000,000 today in the lottery? What is our share price today?   Answer Question

Graduate Business Consultant, UK Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2013.

Online application - stage 1-their format of a CV, stage 2- online test (IPAT) comprising of number sequences and other math problems, stage 3 - in depth review of your CV, stage 4 - assessment centre morning - second IPAT test - number sequences, presentation by the company and informal ice breaker session, logical and discussion group exercises. (This is as far as I got), stage 5 assessment centre evening, stage 6 further interview

Technical Consultant/Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Assessment Centre day is split into 2. Extremely challenging. The group exercises at the start of the day are not bad, but the written test isn't easy at all. Those who perform well (8/10+) in the test got invited to the next stage of the AC.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Application on-line, followed up by a telephone interview and a recruitment day. Straight forward and very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Pressure Challenge - 10 mins to read a large case study on a company losing money and 3 mins to plan and prepare a recommendation (team work of 3).   View Answer
    Straight Forward - accepted as long as they paid me another £1000

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Winchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at IBM.

After sending in an application for the graduate program, received an email to complete the IPAT two weeks later. On passing the IPAT, was called to an assessment centre ( a couple of months later).
    Assessment centre:
    A written test to assess your ability to think analytically and logically. No actual specific coding knowledge required although if you have done programming it will definitely help you to think in the right way for the test.
    Two group exercises, one interview, one presentation, One communications exercise - tests IBM competencies

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate your passion for technology outside of work   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

1 telephone interview