IBM

2.8

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied online. And was then asked to take part in an online logic and maths test. Following that I was invited to an assessment centre. During the day we did a number of group exercises, puzzles, an interview and a business case. I was then asked to attend a second assessment centre day, which included more group puzzles, a written report based on an interview and an actual interview with a senior consultant.

I received an offer a couple of weeks after the final event.

Interview Questions
    • They had a prioritisation task as one of the group exercises where you had to agree with your team on the rescue order of a number of people stuck in a cave.
      There was also a tricky puzzle test where they gave each person in the group a set of notes (which were all different) and we had to compare the information and deduce what the answer to the question was.
        View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I simply asked to change my start date since I had already accepted another job and they were very accommodating.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in November 2013.

Had an assessment centre in London. Morning session had two groupworks:
    - you are given a list of places, menus and other things to create a venue for a client
    - you are given information about some art works and you have to find out which artist did what painting.
    There is also a confirmatory numerical test.

We understood with other applicants that did not pass that they weren't looking for an active player but more someone laid back to sit at the back.

Inbound Call Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

There are few direct contracts nowadays with IBM, and certainly no 'jobs for life.' I was hired originally via a recruitment agency (Manpower.) After a year I was offered a permanent position, but on contract. The interview process was the same as any other you would expect. You have to show commitment to the job and the company, and convince them you are not here today gone tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • None. I have good experience in handling all kinds of customers.   Answer Question

It would have been a huge drop in salary, plus I was aiming to move on in under a year.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Online application form - standard questions.

Aptitude Tests - number series test was one of the hardest I've had to do, however numerical reasoning (felt easier than SHL or Kenexa) - but they have to be done consecutively no break.

Assessment centre was next step - employees were very friendly and engaging, it was a good experience - refreshments provided and the first half of the day involves two group exercises (planning event for client and logic problem) and confirmatory aptitude tests.

75% of candidates sent home at lunch - next part was lunch for successful candidates followed by a case study and presentation (in pairs) and an interview with the professional development manager (competency interview but make sure you have researched the company).

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. Remember in group exercises - be calm and confident and make sure to get in early as the good questions to ask will be used up very quickly. Finally stay alert and don't be too nervous, they just want you to give the best representation of yourself that you can, so believe in yourself and be you - if you get to the assessment centre you're already down to the last 30-40 out of hundreds, so they like you and want you to keep demonstrating you're the right candidate. (nb// travel re-imbursed up to £150)   Answer Question

IBM Graduate Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

1. application
    2. online test (IPAT)
    3. online test for english comprehension
    4. phone interview
    5. interview with HR and manager

during the what are your strengths question, the manager declined that my skills like language learning are skills saying that they are just talents and dont count. he dismissised 3 skills of mine with this attitude.

Business & Technology COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Online Form demonstrating competencies. Online Tests. Assessment Centre. One-to-One interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were to win £100,000,000 today in the lottery? What is our share price today?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant/Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Assessment Centre day is split into 2. Extremely challenging. The group exercises at the start of the day are not bad, but the written test isn't easy at all. Those who perform well (8/10+) in the test got invited to the next stage of the AC.

Graduate - Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Stages are
    1. Online application - similar to other graduate recruitment applications
    2. Selection day - I thought very easy
    3. Assessment centre - broken up into
    *numerical test - easier than expecting but practiced heavily
    *verbal test - as expected, practiced heavily though
    *group exercise - we didn't get the answer correct, but don't think that matters, as it was more about working together, I helped a couple of people, put my view forward, but made sure I was adaptable based on other peoples feedback - area I did best in from feedback
    *role play - I found this very confusing as was expected to be in character from the minute I walked through the door, was somewhat expecting some general introduction. This part lost me the job.

All based in Portsmouth.

Interview Questions
    • The role play was very difficult. The interviewer expected me to act from the minute I stepped into the room, which I was not aware of, and completely had me confused. When I showed confusion, he continued to act as the client. For example, I should have introduced myself as coming from IBM etc, but I introduced myself - with just my name etc.

Also someone walked in while I was being interviewed, I wasn't sure if part of the role play given how bizzare the start was (apparently it wasn't) but basically led to a very confusing experiences.
        Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

After sending in an application for the graduate program, received an email to complete the IPAT two weeks later. On passing the IPAT, was called to an assessment centre ( a couple of months later).
    Assessment centre:
    A written test to assess your ability to think analytically and logically. No actual specific coding knowledge required although if you have done programming it will definitely help you to think in the right way for the test.
    Two group exercises, one interview, one presentation, One communications exercise - tests IBM competencies

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate your passion for technology outside of work   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

1 telephone interview