IBS Software Services

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBS Software Services in January 2013.

Through multiple level of interviews and discussions

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at IBS Software Services.

2-3 levels of interview. If you handle the 1st level, rest of it will be easy. If you prepare, you will get the result. 2 levels will be technical, rest is HR dicussion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBS Software Services.

Technical and HR interviews were there..in Technical,Since I was from mechanical field and I excused about programming they asked me about several mechanical related questions.Asked about industrial visit and some other Mathematics questions..
    In HR round it was jus casual talks about my life and usual interview questions..

The whole process ran around 12hrs and got I got selected...

Interview Questions
    • Usual interview questions..about a memorable moment in my life etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBS Software Services in May 2014.

Round 1 -> technical for about 45 minutes well detailed
    Round 2 -> technical ,more depth about the software process,methodologies etc consisting about 45 minutes
    Round 3-> telephonic HR about you previous job,DOJ,salary expectation etc

Overall the interview process consists of 2.5 hours

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at IBS Software Services.

Internal referral program followed by shortlisting and a face to face interview with business and HR

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths & weakness. Give examples of how you demonstrated the strengths in your previous job   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Salary can be negotiated however be prepared for the standard salary

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at IBS Software Services in January 2014.

Worst way of conducting interview

Interview Questions
    • They gave us 6 stupid questions in written test and then asked us to leave   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBS Software Services in January 2014.

Written tech round comprising of Collections, Html, Javascript

Software ENGINEER(DOT NET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBS Software Services in January 2014.

Well interview went for just 5 minutes . Interview process is never about time but about the right positive attitude . I presented my self ok .

I CANT DISCLOSE , SORRY . Negotiate like 30% more to your previous salary

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBS Software Services.

I was contacted through staffing agency. Have couple of rounds of discussions with the middle and higher management,that's it and got the offer. Interview process was ordinary.No unexpected questions. Questions asked were normal day to day work related.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any question which could be difficult. Normal work related questions.   View Answer
    There were negotiation round during offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBS Software Services in November 2013.

Off campus Placement

It was an off campus placement. The selection process consisted of 4 rounds.

1. Written Test [Quantitative Aptitude + English ], Essay
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview

The quantitative aptitude test consisted of 50 questions. The questions where mainly from the commonly asked areas. I am avoiding mentioning the exact topics as I am unable to clearly recall it. Referring "Quantitative Aptitude" by RS Aggarwal can get you through this easily. There was also a section for English that consisted of reading the passage type, synonyms and simple grammar questions. There were no negative marks.

After the Objective test, a subjective round was conducted to write an essay on a given topic. Our topic was "The person who influenced you most and why ?". The total time was 5 mins.

Students were short listed on the basis of the above tests and called upon for Group Discussion. Luckily I also made in. The short listed were divided into group of 10 and GD's were conducted in parallel. The topics were usually popular current affairs. The topic given to my group was "Reality shows: Boon or Bane ?". Don't try to speak too much or dominate. Make your points clearly and be attentive through out the discussion. Listening is also an integral part, not hearing.

Another short list was put up and thank god I also made it this time. The next one was technical interview round. It was 1:1 interview. I went in blank, as this was my first placement and I had no idea what to expect. The interviewer was an awesome guy. He asked me about myself and then about my project. During the days of my project I was troubled by challenges at every step and it helped me big time here. Then the topic deviated to latest technology ,mobile phones and a lot of cool things that we all could talk on for hours. I told you he was an awesome guy. In between he asked me some questions on microprocessors and programming.

The next one on the line was HR interview. I was called in and a lot of personal questions were asked. Be sure to be ready with the usual ones viz personal introduction, why this company, strengths, weakness, what you would like to change in yourself and so on. It was followed by 1-2 logical puzzles. The puzzles were interesting and I was able to answer those. One advice I want to share with you guys is that make sure you think out loud when you are asked these kind of questions. Approach the interviewer with a relaxed state of mind and be yourself. These guys have been doing this for hours and will be equally stressed. Think from their shoes. They don't want to get you out. They just want to hire the right people for their company.

After I came out, I saw that my friends where waiting for me. They asked me what I was doing inside all this time. It was when I realised I was in there for an hour. The interviewer was a friendly awesome guy. It was fun and I never felt like I was being interviewed.

This whole thing happened in a day and it was 8PM when the HR interviews where finished. Everyone was told to assemble in the auditorium and results were announced.

There was a total of 12 job offers among which 3 were from my college. By gods grace, I was one of the 3.

-nv