ICAP (London)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Broker Interview

Broker
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ICAP (London) in October 2012.

Interview Details – I made sure to fill out the online application carefully, and did research on the questions. I was contacted next day to schedule a phone interview.

Phone Interview: 15-20min. Understand what an inter-dealer broker does (as opposed to sales/trading at a bank) and why you'd prefer broking over trading. Might ask what news you've been following that affects their business, what their shares are trading at, your opinion on the financial markets. Brokers often entertain clients, so have something interesting about yourself which is not on your resume, like something you do for fun. Be ready for a solid mix of personality, why you're a good fit for this position (be specific), and a test of market related knowledge questions.

Superday/assessment centre: Group exercise, math tests (x2), and panel interview. Be ready to do currency conversion; currency triangles. Don't sweat the math tests too much, if you did well on the SATs you'll do fine.
*make sure you show personality during the interview-they don't want introverted brokers

Interview Question – What news story have you been following and how does it affect our business?   Answer Question

Brokder Interview

Brokder
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at ICAP (London) in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and answered the competency questions. it was quite easy, trivial.then they gave me a phone interview.
they just asked some basic competency questions, which was not hard. I prepared quite a lot and found it helpful searching in the internet for some interview questions. for example they would ask my why icap, what was the difference between broking and investment banking.
get well prepare, it will be a good experience

Interview Question – why icap   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Broker
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ICAP (London) in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and spent the time to answer the two questions that came along with application thoroughly. I was then asked to make an appointment for a phone interview - I did. Around a month later I was contacted.

I did not prepare too much for the interview and generally speaking it was not so difficult except for a couple Q's. The HR rep asked me what I knew about ICAP (what ICAP does, who are the competitors, what exchange they're traded on, how I learned about ICAP). She asked me to tell her about an achievement that was not on my resume. She then asked how the regulatory environment will change ICAP's business (which was one of the questions in the application). Then what type of broker I would like to be (voice vs electronic) and why I am suitable for the role. I said I didn't have a preference (I don't believe this affected their decisions to take me/not take me). Then she asked whether structured products were brokered by voice or electronically (which i did not answer correctly) and a more technical question "what is 12% of 7?", she insisted i walk her through the mental calculation. She then asked me if I had any questions (you should probably have some questions (only good ones obviously) to portray genuine interest).

Interview Questions

Voice Broker Intern Interview

Voice Broker Intern
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ICAP (London) in March 2010.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview Followed by an invite to Recruitment Center 5 Days Later

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – havent gotten there

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ICAP (London) in July 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by 1:1 meeting

Interview Question – Java Threading Related Quetions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ICAP (London) in February 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with generic questions with HR, then Asessement centre which I am doing in the next few weeks- generic questions like why and IDB, what do you know about ICAP, share price, different types of broking. Numerical test will be at the Assessment Centre with a technical test, 1/1 interview and a presentation I am told

Interview Question – why an IDB and not IB   Answer Question

Voice Broking Graduate Interview

Voice Broking Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ICAP (London) in December 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, standard phone interview, assessment centre, 2x panel interview.
The whole process was quite poorly organised and some employees really quite rude. There is quite obviously a massive chip on their shoulders about being an insurance for people who want to go into banking. Strangely, I was constantly challenged on whether I was too intelligent and (for sort of sales-guys) did a really poor job of selling the role/firm. I think they're looking for 'rugby/promo style' lads, even still.

Interview Question – Don't you think you'll get bored?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Broking is a dead industry - i could even tell from my interviewers. Received an offer from a BB (yes - of course it was my insurance).

E-broking Interview

E-broking

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ICAP (London).

Interview Details – Online application, interview 3 weeks after on the phone

Interview Question – Her accent was very difficult to understand, kept asking her to repeat herself. All questions were expected like why ICAP, tell me a time where you used your networking skills to get something done etc   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at ICAP (London).

Interview Details – Applied and heard back quickly for interview first and only round of summer internship.
One test that you sit with other candidates and later a group exercise ending with a presentation.

Interview Question – Who are our competitors   Answer Question

Voice Broking Interview

Voice Broking
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ICAP (London).

Interview Details – I applied for this position in Singapore this June for the 2013 batch. It was very late and it seemed that there was only one vacancy left It took just a few days for them to process my application. I got phone interview, later went to their assessment center. I was invited to the final panel interview. The interviewers were two traders and the HR. I was told very politely by email that I was unsuccessful after around two weeks after the panel.

Interview Question – Not so much. all the standard questions can be found in Glassdoor. you need to know how to handle conversations. make sure you have an outgoing personality.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICAP (London)

Worked for ICAP (London)? Contribute to the Community!