ICAP plc Broker Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc in October 2012.

I made sure to fill out the online application carefully, and did research on the questions. I was contacted next day to schedule a phone interview.

Phone Interview: 15-20min. Understand what an inter-dealer broker does (as opposed to sales/trading at a bank) and why you'd prefer broking over trading. Might ask what news you've been following that affects their business, what their shares are trading at, your opinion on the financial markets. Brokers often entertain clients, so have something interesting about yourself which is not on your resume, like something you do for fun. Be ready for a solid mix of personality, why you're a good fit for this position (be specific), and a test of market related knowledge questions.

Superday/assessment centre: Group exercise, math tests (x2), and panel interview. Be ready to do currency conversion; currency triangles. Don't sweat the math tests too much, if you did well on the SATs you'll do fine.
*make sure you show personality during the interview-they don't want introverted brokers

Interview Questions
  • What news story have you been following and how does it affect our business?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICAP plc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ICAP plc in February 2010.

I applied online and spent the time to answer the two questions that came along with application thoroughly. I was then asked to make an appointment for a phone interview - I did. Around a month later I was contacted.

I did not prepare too much for the interview and generally speaking it was not so difficult except for a couple Q's. The HR rep asked me what I knew about ICAP (what ICAP does, who are the competitors, what exchange they're traded on, how I learned about ICAP). She asked me to tell her about an achievement that was not on my resume. She then asked how the regulatory environment will change ICAP's business (which was one of the questions in the application). Then what type of broker I would like to be (voice vs electronic) and why I am suitable for the role. I said I didn't have a preference (I don't believe this affected their decisions to take me/not take me). Then she asked whether structured products were brokered by voice or electronically (which i did not answer correctly) and a more technical question "what is 12% of 7?", she insisted i walk her through the mental calculation. She then asked me if I had any questions (you should probably have some questions (only good ones obviously) to portray genuine interest).

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc.

AC has 4 parts. One visual test, one numerical maths, one group presentation and finally the interview.

Broker Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc in March 2010.

Started with a phone interview to get a better idea of the candidate and fit for the company. Asked a bit about your knowledge of the company and its products along with what they do and how they differ from a bank.

Broker Interview

Bearing in mind that this was for the internship not full graduate job, the interview was not too bad. After numerical tests, which were fairly difficult, I had an interview with a senior broker. He seemed like a nice guy and gave me some pretty standard strength based questions, as well as a couple of questions about who ICAP were and what the internship would entail.

Broker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ICAP plc in January 2010.

The hiring process is fairly slow, I made my first internship application in September and have not heard back from them since interview in January. Interview procedure consisted of phone interview, assessment centre and panel interrview. Think ICAP are currently going through turbulant times and are not sure of numbers to recruit.