ICAP plc

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

Summer InternshipVoice Broking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc.

Online application process, took a week to get the telephone interview and a day till they let me know that I got the assesment centre. 2 interviewers at the AC which went quite smoothly. No technical questions, but more about their company

Interview Questions
    • don't you think you are too nice to be a voice broker   View Answer

Summer Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ICAP plc.

Invited to assessment centre.
    Started with a quick fire numerical test. The calculations weren't hard but the time pressure (40 seconds per question) made it very difficult.
    Then there was a group exercise with the group of 7 split in half. One half had to explain why investors should invest in gold whilst the others oil. 10 minutes to prepare a presentation.
    Then there was a short interview with a mixture of competency questions with those just about ICAP.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had to convince someone about something that they seriously disagreed with.   Answer Question

Voice Broking Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ICAP plc in October 2014.

Application form with open questions - no initial tests. Received an invitation for a phone interview the same week I submitted my application. The interview was about 20 min long, nothing too technical, mostly competency based. They look for personality rather than financial knowledge from what I got.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc in February 2014.

Telephone interview with generic questions with HR, then Asessement centre which I am doing in the next few weeks- generic questions like why and IDB, what do you know about ICAP, share price, different types of broking. Numerical test will be at the Assessment Centre with a technical test, 1/1 interview and a presentation I am told

E-broking Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc.

Online application, interview 3 weeks after on the phone

Interview Questions
    • Her accent was very difficult to understand, kept asking her to repeat herself. All questions were expected like why ICAP, tell me a time where you used your networking skills to get something done etc   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ICAP plc.

Applied and heard back quickly for interview first and only round of summer internship.
    One test that you sit with other candidates and later a group exercise ending with a presentation.

Voice Broking Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICAP plc in December 2013.

Online application, standard phone interview, assessment centre, 2x panel interview.
    The whole process was quite poorly organised and some employees really quite rude. There is quite obviously a massive chip on their shoulders about being an insurance for people who want to go into banking. Strangely, I was constantly challenged on whether I was too intelligent and (for sort of sales-guys) did a really poor job of selling the role/firm. I think they're looking for 'rugby/promo style' lads, even still.

Interview Questions

Broking is a dead industry - i could even tell from my interviewers. Received an offer from a BB (yes - of course it was my insurance).

Voice Broking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ICAP plc.

I applied for this position in Singapore this June for the 2013 batch. It was very late and it seemed that there was only one vacancy left It took just a few days for them to process my application. I got phone interview, later went to their assessment center. I was invited to the final panel interview. The interviewers were two traders and the HR. I was told very politely by email that I was unsuccessful after around two weeks after the panel.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much. all the standard questions can be found in Glassdoor. you need to know how to handle conversations. make sure you have an outgoing personality.   View Answer

Voice Broking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ICAP plc.

Online App with open questions
    Phone Interview - 30-45 minutes
    Accessment Center - Didn't Go

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions like Who is your role model? Tell me a situation where you persuade somebody. A time that you work in a team.
      The rest: Why ICAP? Why Broking? What is IDB?

View Answer

ICAP Graduate Rec for JUNIOR VOICE BROKER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ICAP plc in April 2013.

I applied as usual and after a couple of months got a call asking if i was still interested and when would i be available for a telephone interview. We set the date and time and it went well.

They asked what i would call generic questions about myself and my CV, and who their main competitors were and why I wanted to work specifically for them. It went very well and went slightly over time (closer to 30 minutes than 20) but overall was a good telephone interview. I then received and email later that day to confirm i was through to the next stage which would be at their offices.

it stated in the email that there would be 2 numerical literacy tests and one group presentation and a short one to one interview as well. I arrived on time and we (me and my fellow interviewees) were sent into a large room with tables facing a projected screen. There was a 5 minute introduction, a couple of example questions for the first test then we were straight into it, pens paper calculators and all.

The first was a 'bloomberg stock trade simulation test' that was timed to 40 seconds per question. I found this very hard and pressurised as there was nothing online that i could have used to prepare for this. The screen was split into exchange rates along the bottom, company share prices in a small table, two pieces of news regarding the price of certain stocks etc and a video showing the 'presenter' who basically just read out the news. It was multiple choice and i definitely struggled. The only thing that cheered me up was the fact that the people on either side of me seemed to be totally guessing the answers as they filled out their questionnaires randomly after the test ended.

Then there was a 5/10 minute break and we were given SHL numeric reasoning tests to complete, 20 questions in 20 minutes (60 seconds per) which was on paper so at least we could go back and forth to questions. Then 10 minutes break again.

we were then told we had 10 minutes to come up with a presentation which would encourage a client (the interviewer) to invest in gold. The time flew and though we were allowed to use our phones to check the stock prices or just google, like i said the time was absolutely minimal, make sure your group is organised very early in who is doing what!

then we were called in individually for less than 10 minutes to 'sell' ourselves and answer some questions including about them in the news recently and so forth. There is very little time to really do much here and i think they only do this one to one bit because of obligation or something.

they got back to me 7 days later saying thanks but no thanks. Overall the experience was very clinical and it didnt seem like an interview so much as a series of exams. We werent really given time to introduce ourselves to them or each other. Despite brokering being heavily based on personality. Their rejection letter was very well written though and i have asked for feedback which they will hopefully send sooner rather than later

Interview Questions
    • how do you think the new regulations will effect us as a company? particularly voice brokering?   Answer Question