ICDC College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICDC College.

Interview

Applied online and got a call in about a week for a phone interview. On-site interview on the next week.

The phone interview was fairly standard. The HR representative asked typical questions about availability and general interest about the job. Basically, it seemed like it was simply to verify that the application wasn't false and that there was actually a person behind it all.

I met with two levels of management at the on-site interview. First was a getting to know you type of conversation, it was very casual. Second was strange because the person seemed busy and decided to just tell me about how life and the world is before rushing me out. After asking some questions about the position's duties and expectations I couldn't tell it was probably not the best day to be taken to that manager.

Interview Questions

• As previously stated the unexpected or most difficult part was dealing with the second manager. The person was fairly egotistical and a little neurotic about for-profit education and the students it recruits.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICDC College (Culver City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and spoke with him the next week. He said he felt I would be a good after reviewing my resume on Careerbuilder. He asked my what my salary requirements were and he told me they were too high given the position. He then gave me another figure and asked if that would be acceptable and I agreed. I was set up with a phone interview with the manager which went well and then another recruiter contacted me and set me up with a face to face interview with the manager the next week. I met with him and then met with his supervisor the same day. I was then contacted by the second recruiter and set up with a face to face interview with the HR manager. I met with her and was asked my salary requirement and I have her the range the first recruiter told me. She then told me that what was so great about the company is that no position had a salary that was set in stone and that they could work with an individual on what is to be expected as far as compensation. The same day I also met with one of the Vice Presidents. During that interview I was again asked what my salary requirement was. I again gave her the same range that the first recruiter told me. She then asked me if my figure was negotiable and I said somewhat. She then put that figure on my application along with "somewhat."

I had to give references that were checked by the second recruiter. After checking the references, a few days later the recruiter contacted me and told me they would like to offer me employment...at a salary of SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than what I had been told, a LOT less. I told him I had reservations about it and I felt with my YEARS of experience, along with my management experience and track record and cost of living in Southern California, there was no possible way for me to survive on the salary they were offering me. He said that this is what they are offering because I don't have experience in education to which I told him I have plenty of work experience in all types of industries and have been very successful in them all. He said he would speak with upper management and get back with me. The next day, he called and asked what would be the rock bottom compensation I would accept and then again told me he would call me back.

On Friday, I sent him an email asking if there was any word from anyone since he told me he wanted me to start working that Monday. After the email the first recruiter called me and said that what was offered to me is all they are willing to give me as far as compensation and there was no negotiation. I told him I would have to think about it and then sent an email saying that I would not be taking the offer. I also told him I had been asked on several occasions what my salary requirements were and if they weren't even going to come close they should have told me and all this time wouldn't have been wasted. I forgot to mention the fact that HE was the one that ORIGINALLY that told me the amount that I said I could work with.

I was very upset that I was told a figure by a recruiter (who is in the HR Dept), but then told something totally different in the end. It was a total bait and switch (and from the reviews that I've read this is exactly what they do to their students.

I am glad NOT to be working for such an unscrupulous company because I'm more than sure there would have been more problems later on in employment.

Interview Questions

They offered a salary way below my expectations

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICDC College in October 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted a few days later by HR for an initial screening - during that same call I was then offered a phone interview for the following week. After a phone interview with two managers, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a tour of the campus and a meeting and interview with two additional managers. I was then called a few days later for a final in person interview with HR at the corporate location. I was then told that reference checks would take place that same week and I would know the decision by the end of the week.

All interviews and interactions with staff were fairly pleasant. Knowing that I was overqualified and the pay was significantly low, I still continued with the process. After all the positive interviews and conversations, there was no offer, explanation or phone call just a one line e-mail rejection.

Financial Aid Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICDC College.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. I had my first interview over the phone, then two in person interviews. I got my offer the next morning. However, they wouldn't negotiate pay at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel speaking to prospective students about financial aid over the phone opposed to in person? And why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They wouldn't negotiate pay... They wouldn't match my old pay. Even with my degree and experience.

Online Business Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at ICDC College.

Interview

In the interview, they will ask specific questions regarding your business experience. Business teachers at this school teach in all areas of business. They ask about your teaching experience, hardest situation with a student, how to handle non-traditional learners, what kind of feedback you give to students on assignments in the classroom, and so on.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest situation you have had to deal with when dealing with a student in class.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay by the number of students in class. You are a contract worker, so you need to figure out some things for taxes.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ICDC College (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Contacted by one of the executives that had nothing to do with the area I was interviewing for.
    His questions were simple and he seemed like he wasn't interested in providing a quality candidate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing major, the interview with the CEO was bizarre and uncomfortable.
      Asked what I can do to "fix" the place.

Answer Question

Financial Aid Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ICDC College (Culver City, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Got a call and interviewed that same week. It was pretty good overall. I interviewed with human resource manager, executive officer and the regional of the department. The interview did not take long.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ICDC College (Culver City, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Had 3 interviews w/ 3 different people within one day. The 3rd interview included the acceptance and the salary. Request more if needed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will give you a paper face down which will include a price. Be sure to ask for more if you have more experience.

Online Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ICDC College (Culver City, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Easiest hiring process I've ever came across. Easier than my first job at Jack in the Box. I submitted my resume through Craigslist.com. I got a call from a receptionist-very informal and seemed like routine- and scheduled an interview for the next day. First I interviewed with the director of HR who just went over my resume and asked why I'd be a good fit for the position and company, and my salary requirements. Then the director of financial aid came and did the same thing. The executive came last and made an offer. They will negotiate salary. Be prepared to get a low offer but make sure you counter and do a good job of selling yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate but they will not move very far from their starting point.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

Walked in, filled out an application, waited in the lobby. Met with the director of the financial aid dept. She conducted a very interesting interview, actually. She sat down, smiled, looked at my resume then back at me and asked "Tell me a little bit about yourself." That caught me off guard, lol. We hit it off pretty good, I tried to focus the conversation on my resume and education and not stray away from business but talked a little about my experience studying abroad. Then, she walked out and brought the HR rep to meet me. She asked the more typical interviewing questions. Then, the executive director of the financial aid dept came in and met me. Im assuming they really liked me since they offered me the job. Im excited, and ready to start my first post-grad full time job.