ICF International

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – In person panel interview, initially with dire tors then with other employees. Lasted 4 hours, then a few more minutes with HR.

Interview Question – How do you handle working under pressure?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – I was referred directly to the hiring manager for a specific position from an employee on a different team. HR was disorganized and more difficult to deal with than average, but still friendly and professional. At times I wondered if this was intentional/part of the interview. The interview was a full day, with 1 person from HR and 5 people on the team I was interviewing with. The interview included a lunch meeting and a meeting with HR. All the team members seemed engaged and interested in the interview, but each 20 minute interview ended 5-10 minutes early because the team members were so busy.

Interview Question – The interview was mostly behavioral. The only technical questions I was asked were very specifically related to past experience on my resume. I believe one person looked up a technical report that I had published through my last job, where I was part of a team. I was asked how some of the information was calculated in that report and to describe exactly what technical components I contributed.   View Answer

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application for Research Assistant through indeed.com; was called back, I believe, within a week. Interview was longish (met with the recruiter, then two RA's, then two associates, then one of the VPs and another senior associate, then the recruiter again at the end), but not very intensive. I wasn't asked too much about my specific skills (questions were more general, e.g. "what are your career goals," "what sort of work did you do in [college, last job]," etc.).

Interview Question – Don't remember many specifics (this was years ago), but I do remember not getting a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. The interviews were more like conversations, and made it feel like they genuinely just wanted to know what my goals were, what I could do, what I LIKED to do, what type of experience I had, etc.

I think at the end of the day, if you've gotten the interview for an RA position, it probably means you can do the job; they just want to make sure you're not a total psychopath in the interview. Just know about your history and goals, and how they connect to the area you're interviewing for, and you'll be fine.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I initially balked because it would have been a far commute for me (I lived in NW DC at the time), and the recruiter basically convinced me via the "c'mooon..."-method over the phone.

Interviewed at ICF International

Interview Details – Initial screening call then 2 phone interviews and in-person interview. Typical questions about work experience, tell me about a time you had to deal with x/y/z, what did you do, and why. No case study questions. Process took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Question – Wasn't really anything too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International in September 2010.

Interview Details – The day of the actual in-person interview consisted of a half day long process - "round-robin" style. The team had divided up into 1 or 2 person slots to interview me.

Interview Question – What characteristics do you find most annoying in a supervisor?/what types of qualities do you like in a supervisor?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ICF International in April 2009.

Interview Details – I created a profile on the careers site, I received a "matching job" e-mail a week later, I applied with the click of a button, and HR called within a day to schedule an interview. The HR rep asked a screening questions but I didn't think it was really an interview. A few days later, I went to the ICF office and spoke to, one at a time, the HR rep, two project team members, and the project manager. A week later, the HR rep called to extend an offer. She spent a full hour on the phone with me as I discussed the project, timeline, and corporate culture as I wasn't sure that I wanted to leave. I did accept - so they e-mailed me some paperwork, I printed and signed it, and faxed it over before the end of the day. And that was that.

Interview Question – Do you happen to know your Myers-Briggs type?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR gave me a number that was $9k more than what I was making and I accepted without negotiating. Years later, having myself hired a few people, I've noticed that junior staff almost never negotiate. You Should. There's always an acceptable range.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was a formal interview with a group of the principals and project managers. They asked the standard questions: tell me a weakness, tell me your strengths..... They also discussed the expectations of the position and discussed the benefits of working for the company. It was a very professional and well structured interview.

Interview Question – Tell the interviewer what one of my weaknesses were   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My company matched the offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICF International

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!

ICF International Videos

ICF International – Why Work for Us?

Working at ICF International means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICF International Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by ICF International employees and interview candidates.