ICF International Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ICF International.

The interviews are conducted during proposal season. The HR staff must select potential candidates to bid work for on the proposal. The job is not secure until a reward is recieved fro the participating organization. Contigency offers are sone times given to highly qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
  • They will ask specific questions about evaluation strategies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ICF International in March 2014.

Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International in May 2013.

One phone call interview
    One in person interview with two people
    About a month process, but was told it is normally longer

Interview Questions
    As long as you have a reasonable justification and can back the numbers up, they are very flexible. My counter was accepted in one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International in August 2013.

Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in May 2011.

First I had a phone interview, once that was completed I came in for 3 in person interviews. There was a writing test and excel test.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question. I do remember being exhausted by the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in July 2013.

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter 1 week later. Phone screen went well, and was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with hiring manager and other staff 1 week later. Phone interview lasted over an hour, and conversation went well. Was invited for in-person interview 3 days later. 4 days before my in-person interview, was informed that funding had falling through so they were no longer hiring for the position. Disappointing, Yes. But I'm glad they told me before I got my hopes up after an in-person interview. If I'm still looking when funding comes back around, I will consider ICF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International in December 2010.

Employee referral. Contacted by HR.
    1) Phone interview with HR (fit)
    2) Day-long interviews with Associate, Manager, Senior Manager and VP.

Interview Questions
    • Explain Renewable Portfolio Standards. (The interview was for the Environmental Markets team)   View Answer
    Room to negotiate, but not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in June 2008.

Hired on from subcontracting firm, they did a good job of making sure that I had the appropriate CS background and knowledge. Very professional and nice offerings from management. Learning started in the interview and continued for many years thereafter.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation phase. They made what seemed like a generous offer, but was still far below average for the area...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in January 2011.

A human capital representative reached out to me after I submitted my application via ICF's website. I had a first round interview with a member of HR who asked me some general questions and told me my salary (which was non-negotiable). After our brief conversation (10 minutes) she put me in touch with the hiring manager and arranged a phone interview for to take place the next week. After my phone interview with the hiring manager (also the on-site manager), I had a one-on-one interview with her. Then I had one more interview with a hiring panel of on-site staff.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that your master's degree aligns to this job, and if so, how?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate my salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in January 2012.

I was invited for an on-campus interview for an Associate position with ICF. The HR manager for college recruitment and an Senior Associate from the headquarters were present. They asked general behavior related questions only. Eg: Tell me about yourself. Why ICF? Describe an experience where you have to manage conflict. My interview with both person went well. However even after 2 months of the initial interview, I have yet heard back from the company. I followed up with the HR and the senior associate. But they are also not very clear what positions ICF will be hiring from on-campus students.

Interview Questions

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!