ICF International

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ICF International in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

Negotiation Details – I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in May 2011.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview, once that was completed I came in for 3 in person interviews. There was a writing test and excel test.

Interview Question – I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question. I do remember being exhausted by the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International in December 2010.

Interview Details – Employee referral. Contacted by HR.
1) Phone interview with HR (fit)
2) Day-long interviews with Associate, Manager, Senior Manager and VP.

Interview Question – Explain Renewable Portfolio Standards. (The interview was for the Environmental Markets team)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Room to negotiate, but not much.

Springfield, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in June 2008.

Interview Details – Hired on from subcontracting firm, they did a good job of making sure that I had the appropriate CS background and knowledge. Very professional and nice offerings from management. Learning started in the interview and continued for many years thereafter.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation phase. They made what seemed like a generous offer, but was still far below average for the area...

Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in January 2011.

Interview Details – A human capital representative reached out to me after I submitted my application via ICF's website. I had a first round interview with a member of HR who asked me some general questions and told me my salary (which was non-negotiable). After our brief conversation (10 minutes) she put me in touch with the hiring manager and arranged a phone interview for to take place the next week. After my phone interview with the hiring manager (also the on-site manager), I had a one-on-one interview with her. Then I had one more interview with a hiring panel of on-site staff.

Interview Question – Do you think that your master's degree aligns to this job, and if so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate my salary.

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited for an on-campus interview for an Associate position with ICF. The HR manager for college recruitment and an Senior Associate from the headquarters were present. They asked general behavior related questions only. Eg: Tell me about yourself. Why ICF? Describe an experience where you have to manage conflict. My interview with both person went well. However even after 2 months of the initial interview, I have yet heard back from the company. I followed up with the HR and the senior associate. But they are also not very clear what positions ICF will be hiring from on-campus students.

Interview Questions

Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ICF International in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager and two secondary potential coworkers.

Interview Questions

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in April 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at a college job fair. They contacted me 3 weeks later for a phone interview with a senior manager, which lasted 45 minutes. Two weeks later they contacted me to set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting about 5 different people at different levels in the group I would be working with. In my opinion, the phone interview was more difficult than the in-person. I was asked more questions and challenged more in that conversation, while the in-person interview was really just them trying to sell the company to me. It took them 2 and a half weeks to get back to me, but they did offer me the job.

Interview Question – What do you want to do/why are you interested in working with our group?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a later start date to make time for a vacation I was planning. Because I was coming in with a graduate degree but no full-time professional experience they didn't negotiate the starting salary with me, but I was very satisfied with what they offered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICF International

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!

ICF International Videos

ICF International – Why Work for Us?

Since 1969, ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. With more than 60 offices and more than 5,000 employees worldwide, we bring deep… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICF International Associate interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by ICF International employees and interview candidates.