ICF International

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ICF International.

I talked to the head interviewer at a university career fair and submitted my resume in person. I received an email for an on-site interview around 4-5 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were straightforward (behavioral) but there were a few technical questions that were worded a bit differently so it was tough to discern what answer the interviewer was looking for.
    -What experiences have you gained from your past internship positions
    -Why ICF
    -Tell me a little bit about your relevant coursework

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF International

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International.

Applied online via the company's website. Was contacted several weeks after for an initial phone screening. Within a few days they got back to me to schedule an in person interview in VA. Both interviews were very straightforward and they didn't ask me any particularly difficult questions.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of government contracting, they were not able to actually offer me the position until they received the award by the government. It's been over three months and they have still not received the money for their proposal.

Interview Questions
    • Have you kept up to date with the newest techniques in linear programming and optimization?   Answer Question

The process took too long. Was given another offer in the meantime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Initially talked to them at an on-campus career expo, had a interview the next day with them. Then a few weeks later got a final interview at their corporate office. The corporate interview consists of a presentation and then an interview with 3 other individuals

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume starting your senior year in high school.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied via my schools job site. Received a call from HR about a week later. Scheduled a phone interview and then was brought in for an in person interview.
    The in person interview was with 4 different people.
    I was offered the position about 3 days later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ICF International in February 2012.

A recruiter called to repeat the questions answered thru the online application process, just to insist on coming up with a $alary before giving any details about the job or answering any questions. I 'd not work for such a cheap company after reading the negative reviews and low salaries. .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in October 2011.

Initial interview with recruiter, then phone interview with an offsite project manager. The a second interview on the phone with another PM... then an onsite interview with three different people - each interview 30 minutes. I received an offer about 4 days after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed or faced a setback, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International in December 2010.

There were no tricks or unusual questions in the interview. I first interviewed over the phone with a recruiter. I was then interviewed with a panel of three managers on the project that I was being hired to join. They reviewed my resume and asked a few questions about my background for about 1 hour. After the interview finished, I was relieved when they said, "When we find someone that we feel would be good for the project, we don't waste our time with other interviews. We hire them right away".

The recruiter gave me the feasible range. They offered me the very top quantity for that range, thus I did not think it prudent to negotiate higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International in March 2010.

Attended the 1:1 College interview and got a call back within 2 weeks for the second round interview at the headquarters which consisted of a Group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose this unusual career path from Engineering to Management?   View Answer
    Non negotiable