ICF International Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.4

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later by recruiter for phone screening. They then flew me in for a day of interviewing, which went well. I had to give an hour-long presentation, but wasn't told about this until the day before the interview. I managed to put something together and it went well. I met with everybody on the team, some one-on-one, some pairs, some small groups.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my skills and experience, and how they would relate to the position.   Answer Question

I would have accepted their offer but I received a better offer from another company that seemed more interested in me. If I'm looking for a new job in the future, I will definitely look at ICF again.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by an HR recruiter for a quick phone screen interview. After successfully answering her initial questions, I was scheduled for a 3 hour panel interview. I was interviewed by the HR Recruiter, Hiring Director, 3 Managers, and another Senior Director. The overall goal was to determine whether I was a good fit for the skills wise, in addition to the high-pressure environment that was the norm for the group I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with government forecasting? Do you have experience creating tables, charts, graphs in excel and other software? Do you pay close attention to detail? Are you will to work long hours? (Outside a 9-5 schedule) and Weekends if needed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Although I wish I did.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview process is typical for this type of work. I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, followed by one day of in-person interviews in which i spoke with 4 people over the course of 3 meetings. Most of the interview was of a behavioraly type with some technical questions peppered in. The last interview of the day was informational in nature.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day when you have too many tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Job was posted on a listserve and submitted my resume online along with sending it over to the contact that posted the job. Got contacted by a recruiter asking for a writing sample got scheduled for an interview. Phone interview late afternoon and in-person interview the next morning. Met with 5 people during the interview. Regular behavioral questions, strength, weaknesses, travel, quantitative skills, what are you looking for in a job, difficult client, deadlines, time management.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question was: what surprised you when you started working at your first job out of college?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Got an email with some questions, went in for in person interview. Very easy. Got a call a few days later offering me the position. Twelve dollars an hour. Started with some training and then hopped into internship

better offer elsewhwere

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Initially talked to them at an on-campus career expo, had a interview the next day with them. Then a few weeks later got a final interview at their corporate office. The corporate interview consists of a presentation and then an interview with 3 other individuals

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume starting your senior year in high school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by email a month or so later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was only 15-20 minutes long and consisted of questions regarding location, interests, and long-term career goals. Two weeks after the phone interview, I received an invitation for an in-person interview at their main office, which was scheduled to be a week later. The day began with an introductory presentation about the company. There were about ten of us, and each interviewee was put in an unoccupied office. The interview process involved three separate interviews. Two of the interviewers were very casual and nice, but one was a nightmare. He asked unexpected technical questions, and he made hurtful remarks about my inability to answer one of his questions about cost benefit analysis. The interviews were followed by lunch with recently hired employees in similar positions. It went longer than expected. Lunch was followed by a brief tour of the building, but I had to leave early due to fear of missing my flight. My cab was taking its time getting there, and I awkwardly sat with other applicants waiting for cabs after they had completed the tour. I could have taken the tour while waiting and looked silly for leaving. Overall, it was not a positive experience. Needless to say, I did not get an offer, and they did not bother to follow-up and tell me that.

Interview Questions

• I had listed a climate law course on my resume. The course focused on the Kyoto Protocol and post-Kyoto negotiations. I was asked to place climate change mitigation strategies along a curve, comparing cost and effectiveness. I was unprepared for that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

After I submitted the online application for half a month, I received a telephone interview invitation and talked with the recruiter several days later and she asked for my writing sample. And a week later, I received another telephone interview with the project manager. The third step is on-site interview with five members of the project, around 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• One of the question I didn't prepare is that what is your experience with difficult customer.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

Negotiation

I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.