ICF International

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.4

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International in August 2014.

Job was posted on a listserve and submitted my resume online along with sending it over to the contact that posted the job. Got contacted by a recruiter asking for a writing sample got scheduled for an interview. Phone interview late afternoon and in-person interview the next morning. Met with 5 people during the interview. Regular behavioral questions, strength, weaknesses, travel, quantitative skills, what are you looking for in a job, difficult client, deadlines, time management.

Interview Questions
    • The most interesting question was: what surprised you when you started working at your first job out of college?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in May 2014.

Got an email with some questions, went in for in person interview. Very easy. Got a call a few days later offering me the position. Twelve dollars an hour. Started with some training and then hopped into internship

better offer elsewhwere

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ICF International in March 2014.

Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Initially talked to them at an on-campus career expo, had a interview the next day with them. Then a few weeks later got a final interview at their corporate office. The corporate interview consists of a presentation and then an interview with 3 other individuals

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume starting your senior year in high school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International in November 2013.

I submitted my application online and was contacted by email a month or so later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was only 15-20 minutes long and consisted of questions regarding location, interests, and long-term career goals.

Two weeks after the phone interview, I received an invitation for an in-person interview at their main office, which was scheduled to be a week later. The day began with an introductory presentation about the company. There were about ten of us, and each interviewee was put in an unoccupied office. The interview process involved three separate interviews. Two of the interviewers were very casual and nice, but one was a nightmare. He asked unexpected technical questions, and he made hurtful remarks about my inability to answer one of his questions about cost benefit analysis.

The interviews were followed by lunch with recently hired employees in similar positions. It went longer than expected. Lunch was followed by a brief tour of the building, but I had to leave early due to fear of missing my flight. My cab was taking its time getting there, and I awkwardly sat with other applicants waiting for cabs after they had completed the tour. I could have taken the tour while waiting and looked silly for leaving.

Overall, it was not a positive experience. Needless to say, I did not get an offer, and they did not bother to follow-up and tell me that.

Interview Questions
    • I had listed a climate law course on my resume. The course focused on the Kyoto Protocol and post-Kyoto negotiations. I was asked to place climate change mitigation strategies along a curve, comparing cost and effectiveness. I was unprepared for that.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International in August 2013.

After I submitted the online application for half a month, I received a telephone interview invitation and talked with the recruiter several days later and she asked for my writing sample. And a week later, I received another telephone interview with the project manager. The third step is on-site interview with five members of the project, around 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • One of the question I didn't prepare is that what is your experience with difficult customer.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International in August 2013.

Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICF International.

Interviews with multiple people above and below the position. Meeting with recruitment, submission of resume, background check. There were lots of back-and-forth emails with various people in the division and in HR. Sometimes the information was clear, sometimes it was conflicting. The onboarding process was very confusing, but at least it was done in person. Later it became online only and was even more confusing for new employees.

Interview Questions
    Don't relent with what you want. If they want you they will pay what you ask. They laugh at people who accept lower than they would pay.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in October 2012.

I received a call from a recruiter who found my resume in their database. She sent me the position description and we scheduled a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long. After the phone interview I was asked to come in a meet the hiring team. I had about four 45 min interviews. Since the hiring manager was not in the office on that day I also had a phone interview with her two days later.

Interview Questions
    No able to negotiate. Be sure you do your research when asked about your salary requirements.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International.

Got contacted by a recruiter from ICF and was told to set up a time for a phone interview. After I set up a time it took 3 months before the actually phone interview was conducted. THe interview itself was generally easy and positive. After the interview, I was told that someone would contact me in a few days to see if I made it to the next round. I went weeks without hearing back from them.

Interview Questions
    • What books have you read in the last 3 months that have had a lasting impact on your life?   Answer Question