ICF International

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.5

Associate Interview

it started with a phone interview then a face to face at the client site. I then was introduced to the client. The client had some awkward questions that were irrelevant, but managed to get passed that.

Interview Questions
    • everything was standard except when i had to meet the client.   Answer Question
    it is pretty hard to negotiate

Front End Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International in January 2015.

I was contacted via a recruiting agency for a Front End Developer position, then had two phone interviews then a face to face meeting with a project leader and key developer, There were no gotcha questions, and great care was taken to explain the project to me. At each stage, thoughtful questions were asked about my processes and history with front end technology.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ICF International.

Interviews with associates (or with those coming straight into the company from a masters program) usually consists of 3-4 managers and a lunch with one of them. It's usually conversational. Senior managers ask you about the kind of work that you did before. Don't assume that the work that you are told to do during the interview will be what you'd actually do when you start. Consultants do work, based on the clients who are willing to pay. So your work depends on who the client is at the time. It's kind of senseless to ask questions about what type of work I'd be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Give me the definition of an externality. Is there a positive externality, as well as a negative one?   View Answer
    "I'd offer you $62,500." "Can I have $65,000 because Fairfax, VA has a rather high cost of living." "Sure."

Project Management Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International.

There will be several interviews and could potentially interview with upto 4 people at once or at varying times. They will ask you questions based on your resume and scenarios that you have encountered and how you ended up addressing it. Also, will then as you questions in regards to your skills and how you have applied them. Be dressed appropriately, but also comfortable. Take your time with you answers

negotiate your salary

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International.

Interview was scheduled in the next 2 days after I was contacted. Only 1 interview which is generally not the case. A video interview set up with one of the team member. Mostly focussing on resume qualifications and achievement. good explanation of what the company does. Main Questions:
    1) what is your background and why do u want to work in the field?
    2) where do u see urself in next 5 years?

Interview Questions
    • Do u think your interest align to this industry and why?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International.

Applied to several positions, was contacted to schedule a 30-minute over-the-phone interview about one week later. Interview was to learn about my experience, skills and interests rather than for a specific position (they were looking for someone to add to the department, but did not have a specific position in mind - "we want to fit roles to people rather than try to pigeon-hole people into roles"). Was contacted four weeks later about an opening. Interviewed in person for 3.5 hours. Talked to four different people for 30 minutes (potential colleagues) and 2 different people for 45 minutes (senior managers), all one-on-one. Was contacted by HR about three weeks later saying that I did not get the position. Continued contact with hiring manager and continued to apply for relevant positions.

About four or five weeks after the rejection, was called by a different hiring manager and was interviewed on the spot (on the phone). Was told that they had initially overlooked my resume because I was overqualified, but received a recommendation from hiring manager #1. Went in to the office the next day for a 1.5 hour interview with three different people. Received a job offer the next morning.

A background check verifying education and references is required for all new hires before their start date.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: Can you give be an example of a time when you had to work with two parties that had conflicting interests or friction? How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    I was repeatedly told that I was overqualified during the interview process. When finally offered a position, they changed the position to a higher role, which garnered a higher salary. At this point, I did not negotiate my salary as it exceeded my minimum requirement.

Contracts Interview

Pretty easy and fast. Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who then scheduled an interview shortly after to meet with him/her in person as well as the manager for the open position.

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions from the recruiter to be more difficult thant from the manager of the open position. The recruiter asked me social situations in the work place, such as overcoming hard situations and tell me about a time such and such happened, ect. The manager for the open position stuck to my skill level on my resume and the skills and knowledge related to the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ICF International.

I talked to the head interviewer at a university career fair and submitted my resume in person. I received an email for an on-site interview around 4-5 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straightforward (behavioral) but there were a few technical questions that were worded a bit differently so it was tough to discern what answer the interviewer was looking for.
      -What experiences have you gained from your past internship positions
      -Why ICF
      -Tell me a little bit about your relevant coursework

Answer Question

Research Assistant/Field Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International.

Completed an initial phone screening that lasted about 15 minutes. Explanation about the company, the position and person they are looking for. Gave her a short explanation about how I thought I'd be a good fit and within the week someone got intouch to shedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a 2 hour process. Two managers for an hour and another two mangers for another hour. Mostly typical interview questions, biggest weakness/strength, where you see yourself in 5/10 years, why I want the position, etc. - all read from a script. I would say they didn't seem too friendly - probably to avoid giving away too much.

Interview Questions
    • Since you have international experience, do you think you'll be satisfied in a position here in the States? Would you easily be bored.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Applied through online application using experience.com, and got email notification for an interview. Interview was at a career fair in D.C.
    Asked about my experience and my interests. Pointed out the things from resume.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to work with a team of people or independently?   Answer Question