ICF International

Average Difficulty
115 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at ICF International

Interview Details – Interviewing process took quite a bit of time. Applied online and got called back for a phone interview two weeks later. Two weeks later after the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 3 1/2 hour in-person interview. Staff was very friendly; met with 4 different people for 30 minutes each. Each person gave me a scenario where I would have to explain my thought process of how to go about the project at hand. Overall, good experience.

Interview Question – Different random scenarios given   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at ICF International

Interview Details – I first had an interview with HR. This phone screen took approximately 20 minutes and was quite general. I then had a second phone interview with the person who was in a similar position. This lasted about 40 minutes. After this, I was informed that they would fly me out for an in person interview. This lasted about 2 hours, and I met with 4 people, including the hiring manager. It was fairly informal and felt more like a conversation. I had one final phone interview with a remote manager and was then offered the position. I was able to negotiate salary and moving expenses were covered. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were not too challenging. They did ask about a time when I managed a project start to finished that required a high level of attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – Very basic interview questions, no surprising or strange questions. Very friendly management, made it comfortable and less nerve wrecking. Great place to start interviewing for entry level associates with minimum experience.

Interview Question – How can you handle many projects in a short period of time   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email with some questions, went in for in person interview. Very easy. Got a call a few days later offering me the position. Twelve dollars an hour. Started with some training and then hopped into internship

Interview Question – what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer elsewhwere

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – I applied online for a research assistant position and was called by a recruiter a few weeks later. The recruiter conducted a brief informal interview over the phone, and set up an interview for the following week with the individual who would be supervising this position. During that interview, I was informed that I was overqualified for the position, but that the company was looking to hire a research associate in the near future and that they would keep me in mind.

Around two weeks later, a second recruiter contacted me again to set up an interview for this new research associate position. I had a total of three Skype interviews for this position over a span of about 3 weeks. I was told during all three interviews that I would hear back within the next two or three weeks.

After two weeks passed, I followed up with both recruiters, and did not receive a response from either. By this time, I had already accepted a position with another company, but I was still interested in hearing back from ICF. I understand that they might have chosen another candidate, but after nearly three/four months of interviewing for two positions, I felt as though I deserved an email regarding their final decision. I was extremely disappointed with the way they handled the entire process, and I expected more from this company.

Other than that, the interviews were standard. Asked about specific interests in the field, previous projects/experience, analysis skills, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Asked me to give examples of when I had demonstrated certain qualities. I felt that many of the qualities were similar, so it was difficult to think of unique situations for each.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by an ICF employee to discuss an opening with the company. I had interviews with middle management personnel at ICF headquarters and with the clients on client site. The questions from both interviews were largely focused on my previous experience and how it related to the work I would be doing for the client. I received an offer the day after my interview with the client.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a lower salary than I had submitted, but received a sign-on bonus for the difference.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – The interviews are conducted during proposal season. The HR staff must select potential candidates to bid work for on the proposal. The job is not secure until a reward is recieved fro the participating organization. Contigency offers are sone times given to highly qualified candidates.

Interview Question – They will ask specific questions about evaluation strategies.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at ICF International in April 2013.

Interview Details – Employee referral, which a couple weeks later got me a phone interview. A week later I was asked to come down for an in person interview, which consisted of four 30-minute one-on-one interviews and a 1.5 hour lunch. Questions were largely about my experience, why I wanted to work at ICF, what my career goals are. A few behavioral "explain a time when you learned ____" were thrown in the mix. Overall, it was conversational and pleasant.

Interview Question – None. Most difficult questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little wiggle room on salary. Not sure how it was for others.

Associate Interview

Associate
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ICF International in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – In person panel interview, initially with dire tors then with other employees. Lasted 4 hours, then a few more minutes with HR.

Interview Question – How do you handle working under pressure?   View Answer

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!