ICF International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.5

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

Applied on Indeed,took maybe 3 weeks to get a call for an initial interview.Second interview call was 4 days later took 45 minutes but was very standard.Was offered the position the following Monday contingent on background check.

Negotiation

No negotiation but it is fair and more than minimum wage for the geographical area.

Call Center Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ICF International (Martinsville, VA).

Interview

You will get an interview if upper management deems you worthy. There is no rhyme or reason to the interview process to be honest.

Interview Questions

• The interview process does not determine whether you will get the job or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation: you take what they offer and live with it.

Web Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in February 2014.

Interview

Discovered ICF at a university job/internship fair. Talking with the alumni recruiters inspired me to submit an application because of their stories of working with the company. I was asked to interview with them on campus 4 days later. The first round interview was in person and very pleasant - mostly behavioral. The second interview was over the phone - mostly about technology concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest part of working on one of your most recent tech projects   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International.

Interview

I was an employee referral and was contacted by an HR person within 2 weeks of applying for an RA position online. Went in for an interview and met with 3 people, including my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions, nothing difficult. HR got back to me in one day with an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

Applied online via the company's website. Was contacted several weeks after for an initial phone screening. Within a few days they got back to me to schedule an in person interview in VA. Both interviews were very straightforward and they didn't ask me any particularly difficult questions.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of government contracting, they were not able to actually offer me the position until they received the award by the government. It's been over three months and they have still not received the money for their proposal.

Interview Questions

• Have you kept up to date with the newest techniques in linear programming and optimization?   Answer Question

The process took too long. Was given another offer in the meantime.

Country Manager for DHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International (Rockville, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

ICF International brought me to their Rockville, MD office for an interview. Over 4 hours, I interviewed with 8 people. It was a bit intense, because they obviously wanted to maximize flying me down by meeting as many people as possible. Since the position for the DHS, I also had to analyze a DHS table and write a few paragraphs about my analysis.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers were very intent on hearing about survey experience that I had. I have some, but at a much smaller scale than what they were looking for. I'm not sure what type of survey experience anyone could have that matches the DHS experience- ie: there are only so many large, national, population-based surveys.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up an initial phone screening. A week or two after he contacted me to set up an interview with a team of six people. I met with the entire group and they asked me pretty basic questions about my experience, education, and whether I wanted to specialize in an aspect of my field or go the generalist/project manager route. There were no behavioral or situational questions. The interview was about an hour and a half total and included a basic writing exam. Everyone was very friendly and eager to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their offer because it was $10,000 more than an offer at a rival company.

ICF International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International (Rockville, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

I had two phone screenings and a face to face interview. The 1st phone screen was with the ICF International recruiter. The 2nd phone interview was with the project manager. The face to face interview was with my team manager and the project manager. During the face to face interview, I was given a problem set to solve. The problem set was a piece of cake/ a little bit insulting.

Interview Questions

• In the face to face interview, they asked a lot of behavioral questions like: if you disagreed with someone that my manager told me to do, how would I handle it or what was a project that you were most proud of.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Initially talked to them at an on-campus career expo, had a interview the next day with them. Then a few weeks later got a final interview at their corporate office. The corporate interview consists of a presentation and then an interview with 3 other individuals

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume starting your senior year in high school.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 on site interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be 10 years and how does this position help you achieve that goal?   Answer Question