ICF International

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ICF International in September 2013.

Interview Details – Within days of submitting my application, a recruiter contacted me and set up a day for a Skype interview. The Skype interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty laid back. The questions were typical such as: What's your understanding of the job description?, What's your experience with literature reviews?. A month after my Skype interview, I was invited for an in person interview. The interview was split up into two 45 minute sessions with 4 individuals. Everyone was very friendly, and again, the questions were typical. Examples of the questions include: Why ICF? What are your topic interests? Where do you see yourself in the future? Why is management and evaluation an important tool? What is your opinion of logic models? All in all, positive experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter from ICF and was told to set up a time for a phone interview. After I set up a time it took 3 months before the actually phone interview was conducted. THe interview itself was generally easy and positive. After the interview, I was told that someone would contact me in a few days to see if I made it to the next round. I went weeks without hearing back from them.

Interview Question – What books have you read in the last 3 months that have had a lasting impact on your life?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fairfax, VA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ICF International in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. They asked me basic questions about my future (ie what would you like to do in 3, 5, and 10 years), what subjects i studied in school, and my overall GPA. I was not given a skills test, or any test for that matter. I needed to pass a background check and did not need a government clearance (govt consulting company).

I talked with 3 different people before they said they would let me know by the end of the week. By friday, i was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question
  • How well do you handle conflict? Describe a situation where you needed to demonstrate conflict resolution   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – They arranged a 2 hour block of interviews- 30 minutes with each person. One of the interviews had to be conducted over the phone as the hiring manager was not available in the office that day.

My contact with the company never actually let me know that I wasn't selected. I just didn't hear back from them even after a follow-up phone call on my part.

Interview Question – The questions weren't particularly difficult. The first interviewer wanted to know what questions I had about the company. The hiring manager wanted examples of working in a team environment.   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ICF International in March 2010.

Interview Details – I have interviewed at ICF international for 3 different positions months apart in the same division. They showed a great deal of interest and always mention that they will contact me regarding next steps. In all instances they never actually end up following up with next steps even when I reached out to HR multiple times.

Pretty much if you hear the words next steps and hear nothing back from them after a few days. It is safe to say that you didnt get the job. I do not like their lack of follow up from HR especially if your contacted for a position that you never applied for but they kept your resume on file.

Serious interest but never an offer and bad follow up!?!! I will never apply for a position again at this company and definitely will not respond to any correspondence from HR. As I feel they may just interview just to interview to perhaps meet some sort of quota.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in February 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted me after giving resume at job fair. Phone interview within 10 days of sending revised resume, transcript, writing sample. In-person interview scheduled for about 2-3 weeks after phone interview. Interview lasted from morning to mid-afternoon, meeting and interviewing with co-workers at various levels. Simple writing test. Offer came within 1 week of in-person interview.

Interview Question – Strengths / weaknesses, areas and interest for growth and specialization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry-level salary was not negotiable despite several attempts to negotiate.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!