ICF International Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

I was called for an initial phone screen by HR which just asked general questions about salary requirements and available start date. Within a week someone followed up to tell me when the interview would take place, which occurred 2-3 weeks later on-site. I met with 7 people over the course of 3 hours in 5 different meetings. All questions were pretty standard, behavioral interview questions and it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ICF International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ICF International (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with 4 current employers who were very nice and easy going. I was very comfortable talking with them. Each interviewer asked different questions as well as some of their own. I was taken to lunch as part of the interview with another Research Assistant. After lunch, I completed a writing test.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Unstructured and informal. The company has many business units and I interviewed in the EET group. They like resumes that are very basic and streamlined. Interviewed onsite in Fairfax with multiple staff individually and then presented in front of several junior staff.

Interview Questions

• How does an air conditioner work?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International in March 2015.

Interview

typical interview, behavioral questions. you meet with your potential supervisors and coworkers in individual interviews within a 2.5 hour time frame. there was an Excel piece at the end, however if you're good with Excel it's a piece of cake.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewing process took quite a bit of time. Applied online and got called back for a phone interview two weeks later. Two weeks later after the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 3 1/2 hour in-person interview. Staff was very friendly; met with 4 different people for 30 minutes each. Each person gave me a scenario where I would have to explain my thought process of how to go about the project at hand. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Different random scenarios given   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Job was posted on a listserve and submitted my resume online along with sending it over to the contact that posted the job. Got contacted by a recruiter asking for a writing sample got scheduled for an interview. Phone interview late afternoon and in-person interview the next morning. Met with 5 people during the interview. Regular behavioral questions, strength, weaknesses, travel, quantitative skills, what are you looking for in a job, difficult client, deadlines, time management.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question was: what surprised you when you started working at your first job out of college?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

I applied online for a research assistant position and was called by a recruiter a few weeks later. The recruiter conducted a brief informal interview over the phone, and set up an interview for the following week with the individual who would be supervising this position. During that interview, I was informed that I was overqualified for the position, but that the company was looking to hire a research associate in the near future and that they would keep me in mind.

Around two weeks later, a second recruiter contacted me again to set up an interview for this new research associate position. I had a total of three Skype interviews for this position over a span of about 3 weeks. I was told during all three interviews that I would hear back within the next two or three weeks.

After two weeks passed, I followed up with both recruiters, and did not receive a response from either. By this time, I had already accepted a position with another company, but I was still interested in hearing back from ICF. I understand that they might have chosen another candidate, but after nearly three/four months of interviewing for two positions, I felt as though I deserved an email regarding their final decision. I was extremely disappointed with the way they handled the entire process, and I expected more from this company.

Other than that, the interviews were standard. Asked about specific interests in the field, previous projects/experience, analysis skills, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to give examples of when I had demonstrated certain qualities. I felt that many of the qualities were similar, so it was difficult to think of unique situations for each.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

Very basic interview questions, no surprising or strange questions. Very friendly management, made it comfortable and less nerve wrecking. Great place to start interviewing for entry level associates with minimum experience.

Interview Questions

• How can you handle many projects in a short period of time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Rockville, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Found the posting online and submitted my application. Was called for a brief phone screen where the salary, responsibilities, my availability was discussed. Then an in-person interview was set up where I met with 4-5 people (3 30 minute blocks). This process took less than 3 weeks. One week later, I was informed that they wanted to consider me for a higher position (Research Analyst) and asked to resubmit cover letter and resume. In less than a week ,I was given an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ICF International (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes. Then 5 or 6 in-person interviews, all in one day. One of them was a lunch. It was very laid back. They were nice. Do some research about their current projects to impress them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your team members were not pulling their weight?   Answer Question