ICF International Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later by recruiter for phone screening. They then flew me in for a day of interviewing, which went well. I had to give an hour-long presentation, but wasn't told about this until the day before the interview. I managed to put something together and it went well. I met with everybody on the team, some one-on-one, some pairs, some small groups.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my skills and experience, and how they would relate to the position.   Answer Question

I would have accepted their offer but I received a better offer from another company that seemed more interested in me. If I'm looking for a new job in the future, I will definitely look at ICF again.

Other Interview Reviews for ICF International

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International.

Interview

I had about 4 interviews before receiving the job. Pretty typical interview process. Anything you find in a standard interviewers guide you will be asked. That is of course unique to my position. it may be different depending on the kind of position/contract you apply for.

Negotiation

I had to negotiate salary. They really underballed me.

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

I first had an interview with HR. This phone screen took approximately 20 minutes and was quite general. I then had a second phone interview with the person who was in a similar position. This lasted about 40 minutes. After this, I was informed that they would fly me out for an in person interview. This lasted about 2 hours, and I met with 4 people, including the hiring manager. It was fairly informal and felt more like a conversation. I had one final phone interview with a remote manager and was then offered the position. I was able to negotiate salary and moving expenses were covered. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not too challenging. They did ask about a time when I managed a project start to finished that required a high level of attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very slow and disorganized process. Expect a phone interview with several people, then repeat in person. Having an inside person is the only way to get hired unless you are entry level.

Interview Questions

• None. Very standard questions. Interviewers will go off script if you lead the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR recruiters lied about bonuses and benefits. Do not believe them. There was no flexibility to negotiate on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who found my resume in their database. She sent me the position description and we scheduled a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long. After the phone interview I was asked to come in a meet the hiring team. I had about four 45 min interviews. Since the hiring manager was not in the office on that day I also had a phone interview with her two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No able to negotiate. Be sure you do your research when asked about your salary requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was approached by an ICF employee to discuss an opening with the company. I had interviews with middle management personnel at ICF headquarters and with the clients on client site. The questions from both interviews were largely focused on my previous experience and how it related to the work I would be doing for the client. I received an offer the day after my interview with the client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a lower salary than I had submitted, but received a sign-on bonus for the difference.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ICF International (Fairfax, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

Asked Questions on Resume.
    Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Java Script, Object Literal Java Script, Company Processes, Software Development Practices etc.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ICF International in May 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard, met with team members and an HR representative. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

The team decided to change the scope of responsibility for the position.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in June 2009.

Interview

I learned of this opening through the mutual friend of someone who worked at ICF. The interview process itself was quite reasonable and I spoke with several people. However, while I was told, informally, that I definitely had the job, I had to wait while paperwork was processed, a business case was advanced, and work was secured. That part took quite a while.

Interview Questions

• Be sure you are prepared to talk about why you want to come to ICF, what work they do that is of interest to you, and what you hope to be doing when you come on board.   1 Answer
    • Be prepared to demonstrate your capabilities through examples and/or anecdotes that demonstrate your skill levels   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted a lower salary than I wished and instead accepted a hiring bonus. Be sure to get any agreed upon interim salary reviews in writing. I did not and the salary review became a general "atta girl" with no salary adjustment.