ICF International

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at ICF International

Interview Details – I first had an interview with HR. This phone screen took approximately 20 minutes and was quite general. I then had a second phone interview with the person who was in a similar position. This lasted about 40 minutes. After this, I was informed that they would fly me out for an in person interview. This lasted about 2 hours, and I met with 4 people, including the hiring manager. It was fairly informal and felt more like a conversation. I had one final phone interview with a remote manager and was then offered the position. I was able to negotiate salary and moving expenses were covered. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were not too challenging. They did ask about a time when I managed a project start to finished that required a high level of attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate

Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by an ICF employee to discuss an opening with the company. I had interviews with middle management personnel at ICF headquarters and with the clients on client site. The questions from both interviews were largely focused on my previous experience and how it related to the work I would be doing for the client. I received an offer the day after my interview with the client.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a lower salary than I had submitted, but received a sign-on bonus for the difference.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ICF International.

Interview Details – Very slow and disorganized process. Expect a phone interview with several people, then repeat in person. Having an inside person is the only way to get hired unless you are entry level.

Interview Question – None. Very standard questions. Interviewers will go off script if you lead the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR recruiters lied about bonuses and benefits. Do not believe them. There was no flexibility to negotiate on.

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter who found my resume in their database. She sent me the position description and we scheduled a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long. After the phone interview I was asked to come in a meet the hiring team. I had about four 45 min interviews. Since the hiring manager was not in the office on that day I also had a phone interview with her two days later.

Interview Question – Why ICF?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No able to negotiate. Be sure you do your research when asked about your salary requirements.

Very Easy Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ICF International in November 2008.

Interview Details – Asked Questions on Resume.
Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Java Script, Object Literal Java Script, Company Processes, Software Development Practices etc.

Interview Questions

Senior Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ICF International in June 2009.

Interview Details – I learned of this opening through the mutual friend of someone who worked at ICF. The interview process itself was quite reasonable and I spoke with several people. However, while I was told, informally, that I definitely had the job, I had to wait while paperwork was processed, a business case was advanced, and work was secured. That part took quite a while.

Interview Questions

• Be sure you are prepared to talk about why you want to come to ICF, what work they do that is of interest to you, and what you hope to be doing when you come on board.   View Answer
  • Be prepared to demonstrate your capabilities through examples and/or anecdotes that demonstrate your skill levels   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted a lower salary than I wished and instead accepted a hiring bonus. Be sure to get any agreed upon interim salary reviews in writing. I did not and the salary review became a general "atta girl" with no salary adjustment.

Senior Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ICF International in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard, met with team members and an HR representative. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Question – Describe your background and education.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The team decided to change the scope of responsibility for the position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICF International

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!

ICF International Videos

ICF International – Why Work for Us?

Working at ICF International means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICF International Senior Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by ICF International employees and interview candidates.