ICF International

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.5

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at ICF International in February 2012.

I submitted my resume online through a DC career website. The position required a lot of quantitative analysis so the questions revolved around my quantitative abilities. I enjoyed talking to my interviewer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ICF International in February 2012.

A recruiter called to repeat the questions answered thru the online application process, just to insist on coming up with a $alary before giving any details about the job or answering any questions. I 'd not work for such a cheap company after reading the negative reviews and low salaries. .

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in January 2012.

I was approached by an ICF employee to discuss an opening with the company. I had interviews with middle management personnel at ICF headquarters and with the clients on client site. The questions from both interviews were largely focused on my previous experience and how it related to the work I would be doing for the client. I received an offer the day after my interview with the client.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a lower salary than I had submitted, but received a sign-on bonus for the difference.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ICF International in January 2012.

I was invited for an on-campus interview for an Associate position with ICF. The HR manager for college recruitment and an Senior Associate from the headquarters were present. They asked general behavior related questions only. Eg: Tell me about yourself. Why ICF? Describe an experience where you have to manage conflict. My interview with both person went well. However even after 2 months of the initial interview, I have yet heard back from the company. I followed up with the HR and the senior associate. But they are also not very clear what positions ICF will be hiring from on-campus students.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in December 2011.

Submitted application for Research Assistant through indeed.com; was called back, I believe, within a week. Interview was longish (met with the recruiter, then two RA's, then two associates, then one of the VPs and another senior associate, then the recruiter again at the end), but not very intensive. I wasn't asked too much about my specific skills (questions were more general, e.g. "what are your career goals," "what sort of work did you do in [college, last job]," etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember many specifics (this was years ago), but I do remember not getting a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. The interviews were more like conversations, and made it feel like they genuinely just wanted to know what my goals were, what I could do, what I LIKED to do, what type of experience I had, etc.

I think at the end of the day, if you've gotten the interview for an RA position, it probably means you can do the job; they just want to make sure you're not a total psychopath in the interview. Just know about your history and goals, and how they connect to the area you're interviewing for, and you'll be fine.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. I initially balked because it would have been a far commute for me (I lived in NW DC at the time), and the recruiter basically convinced me via the "c'mooon..."-method over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in December 2011.

About three weeks after sending in an application with a recommendation from an internal employee, I was offered a phone interview. The interview was mainly informational, mostly about the company and the position I was applying for. The interviewer was very nice and gave a very detailed descriptions of ICF's work and the roles of RAs in the company. They said it would take some time to hear back about whether I would go onto the the next step, which was an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you needed to get your team on board with an idea, and how did you go about doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ICF International in November 2011.

Met with hiring manager and two secondary potential coworkers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in October 2011.

Initial interview with recruiter, then phone interview with an offsite project manager. The a second interview on the phone with another PM... then an onsite interview with three different people - each interview 30 minutes. I received an offer about 4 days after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed or faced a setback, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in August 2011.

I recently graduated from college so my first step (after simply submitting an online application; I was applying to an energy efficiency position) was contacting one or two people I knew who worked in the company in addition to a few associates that were alumni of my school in hopes of getting to know people in the company and receiving any other helpful information that could help my resume along.

One of the alumni got back to me and was eager to help along a fellow graduate. She asked for my resume and some additional information and within two weeks I had a phone interview with another associate from the company. The phone interview was fairly informal, mostly asking about a few things on y resume and behavioral questions like, "when was a time you failed at something and what did you get out of it?". The interview could have very easily ended in less than 15 minutes but I tried to keep it conversational and make sure to have additional questions to ask the interviewer after she was done with her questions. The whole interview lasted around 25-30 minutes. The next morning I received a phone call from their HR to schedule an in-person interview which would take place the following week.

The in-person interview consisted of 5 separate 30 minute interview, each with another associate/manager in the department that the position was in. It started out with a recent hire and worked its way up to a manager for the final 30 minutes. They said usually the recent hire was last to field final questions but it was kind of nice this way because each interview was kind of a warm-up for the next interview to come and by the time I got to the manager I felt very comfortable and confident, having already gone over many of the points with other interviewers.

I actually have yet to hear a final decision (It has been about a month) but that could be partly because their office has been swamped and things take awhile. They said they would notify me whether I got the job or not by the end of this week.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you failed? How did your react? What did you learn from the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICF International in May 2011.

First I had a phone interview, once that was completed I came in for 3 in person interviews. There was a writing test and excel test.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question. I do remember being exhausted by the end of the interview.   Answer Question