ICMA RC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.8

Web Applications Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ICMA RC in July 2014.

First had a phone interview the architect and then it was followed by face to face interview in the DC office.
    Face-Face interview was in two parts. First part two managers and the director interviewed me on various situational based questions. Questions were to evaluate the leadership and managerial skills.
    Second part was the technical interview with the architect. It was fairly technical considering more detailed technical interviews that I have gone through at other places.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions were tough as they asked to back it up with real situations.   Answer Question

The offer was low end compared to similar positions in the market, specially considering the high cost of living in the area. Also they offered the lowest end of the range that was mentioned to me to begin with.

Finance/Accounting Intern Interview

Very easy - sit down interview. Was also very quick.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICMA RC in August 2013.

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very positive -- We spoke about my goals and current position and why I was interested in ICMA RC. Recruiter was very helpful and set up in-person interview with 2 ladies from HR the next week. They took turns asking me behavioral questions (sometimes consulting each other which question to ask) and asked about my background. After their screening was over, they left and the initial recruiter came back in and showed me around their building and departments.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use your listening skills to solve a problem.   View Answer

Executive Assistant/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICMA RC in July 2012.

First contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. Once the phone interview was complete, an onsite interview was scheduled. Interview consisted of 6 people, in groups of 2, over a 2 hour period. After the panel interview, you then met with the HR staffing's consultant's Manager.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very scripted interview in that if you've read the "top 10 interview questions" all of them were asked. The panel of 6 came in to the interview in groups of 2 which makes the interviewee repeat "tell me about yourself" 3 separate times.
       "Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer situation?"
      "Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?"
      "How do you deal with a difficult personality in the office?"
      "Can you tell me what this person did to make them difficult to deal with?"
      "Why ICMA-RC?" Only asked by the HR Consultant.
        View Answer

Investor Services Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at ICMA RC in April 2012.

First was a phone screening w/ HR to explain the position and gauge interest, this was fairly easy and was very relaxed. After speaking w/ HR a face to face was scheduled.

The face to face was very relaxed at the Washington DC offices. It consisted of 2 managers and the director for client services all 3 at the same time. The people interviewing were very friendly and I had their full attention. This was one of the most laid back conversational panel interviews I have ever participated in, in fact this was a very easy interview which made it that much better.

Interview Questions

The salary offered was very conservative for the area's high cost of living. There was no wiggle room for negotiation. I was also never told I would not be eligible for the company bonus program until a year later, had that have not been the case I would have probably accepted the position.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ICMA RC in April 2012.

after i sent out my resume i received a call from HR within a week. i had 2 phone interviews, first with the manger and associate and then with the senior vice president. in he first interview they went through my resume and asked me about my previous jobs and experiences. in the second interview they asked me more behavioral types of questions, when have you been in this situation and how did you react, etc...

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral , asked me about a time where you were not prepared   Answer Question
    they gave me an offer no negotiations , i was pleased with the internship offer. being a junior in college i wad paid in that range, no complaints.

Worked for ICMA RC? Contribute to the Community!