ICMC Interview Questions

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICMC

SPO Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ICMC.

challenging process.. panel of experts.. checking from differnt angles.. asking abt previous experience.. how related is the current position with experience.. asking differnt things abt lfa...

Interview Questions

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ICMC in July 2011.

Each time an interview took place I was well-prepared for difficult questions, really did my homework on the company, etc. And in EACH interview, I was asked only "1" question! And it was loaded: "What will you do to make my program better?" I advanced in interviews because apparently they appreciated how many questions I asked!!

In the end, it was not a good fit for either party. The primary person was not available the day of meeting with the group, and the panel was a fairly caddy group of young girls that should not have been left to determine their next 'den leader'.

Beyond that, examples of good/ bad projects, vision/mission, none of it was ever exhibited, only to say 'there will be many changes'.

The primary person was a good guy, but unorganized (the group as a whole seemed unorganized), should retire NOW, but keeps talking about it 'in a couple years', in the meantime appears to be building many, many programs and the clarity of their direction was clandestine.

And it dragged out for much, much too long...(like many other companies have a habit of doing, so not personal to this one).

It could be a good opportunity for someone who recognizes they need to more of a parent to a young group living on an island, versus a leader. They did speak of pretty thick family politics (family owned business), and navigating that could be taxing. And must be willing to spend at minimum of one full week a month in an airplane (not including driving to, parking, security & waiting at airports).

Before making a decision to move to an island be sure to understand all demographics! They are quite poor, high crime, high drug running, the place is filthy, expensive, and isolated (no such thing as biking & hiking...they were happy to tell me scuba and drinking were the primary pastimes. It's just worth the visit, that's all.

Interview Questions