ICON Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ICON.

Interview

The phone interview went smoothly, asked about resume and previous projects and experience. But I received no response, even after i sent an email after a week to follow up.

Clinical Trial Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Process was simple, streamlined, and turnaround was surprisingly quick. I had contacted a recruiter who had previously reached out to me via email. Icon and general qualifications were discussed during phone screen with the recruiter. As this was in relation to a home-based position, within a week of the screening call a 3-panel session was scheduled with senior management to remotely conduct a presentation/interview. Received panel decision within few days following interview. Very pleased with the recruiter, interview panel, and overall process.

Interview Questions

• Mixture of behavioral and general interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICON (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Screening phone interview then skype interview with 2 managers. Very simple and very easy process.Situational and behavioral questions. Fairly easy if you are experienced. Make sure to negotiate salary because they will try to low ball you. The company seems like a very good company but I was offered a better salary and benefits elsewhere so I declined.

Entry Level CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ICON (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was short with a recruiter, Webcam interview came a week later with two managers. They were really laid back and asked simple questions. Make sure your personality shows. It lasted a whole hour but I made sure I asked them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to explain why you want to be a CRA, how does your experience prepare your for it, several behavioral questions. how would you deal with a difficult person, what forms would you find in the ISF, how do you organize yourself with several protocols, think of a time you implemented something to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ICON.

Interview

Started with an HR interview which led to a video interview with Directors from the Project Management group. The video system was slightly awkward making an already stressful situation compounded. Late arrival and churlish attitude left me unimpressed and disengaged from the meeting and potential position.

Interview Questions

• General background information was inquired about, why I was considering a career move, etc. Then, went into questions around risk management experience and examples. Additional questions revolved around vendor and budget management.   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ICON (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview one on one with talents acquisition, then phone interview with senior management, finally a panel interview with 3 Senior Directors of Clinical Trial Management. They moved really fast from first submission of your application through providing the offer. The whole process was from your home office, there was not a true 'in person' interview. Everything was done via webcam.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 hurdles you will have to overcome if you have this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation regarding salary.

Translation Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ICON (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted first by email after applying online. The contact scheduled a phone interview with me, and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. The contact asked me questions, and took notes on my answers. I was told at the end of the phone conversation that the contact would forward their notes to the hiring manager, and if the hiring manager wanted to, the hiring manager would contact me either for an in-person interview or a video conference interview. It has been almost one week since the phone interview, and I have not been contacted for a follow-up.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience working with the final customer.   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ICON.

Interview

The interview process was a team interview. Typically one or more technical people plus at least one non-technical interviewer. Given that I interviewed with the hiring manager for my position, I was asked a litany of technical questions. Non-technical questions were geared more toward general stuff or work-life stuff. This was a single interview, no multiple-day interview session.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions pertaining to my knowledge of structured query language (SQL).   Answer Question

National Broadcast Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ICON (Stamford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Speak with Human Resources and if they see you as a possible candidate you continue to interview with the actual National Broadcast department employees. Call you back for a second time to talk to the head honcho if they like you the first day.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite television shows?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ICON.

Interview

I had a pre-screen phone interview for the position. After a week passed by, I followed up with her.. At that time, she offered me an interview for a CTA position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• It was maybe ten minutes of questions regarding my experience and desires for my next position.   Answer Question