ICON

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Durham, NC

I applied online and interviewed at ICON.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter, then invited in for an interview with a panel

Interview Question – Very straight forward interview, no tricky questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I got offered the position, I was asked my desired salary. Two days later they made their counter offer

Senior CRA Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICON in September 2013.

Interview Details – Good experience with hiring, interview process. Very nice people, not intimidating, great questions, very thorough

Interview Question – hypothetical situational questions and what would you do   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, standard offer to all contractors.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Senior Clinical Research Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ICON in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screening by human resources. Next was a Skype interview with one clinical managers. Normal CRA questions regarding experience. Manager seemed experienced and interested. Impression was that company fostered an open culture.

Interview Question – What does ALCOA mean?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

N/A Interview

Interviewed at ICON

Interview Details – Extensive and thorough.

CRA II Interview

Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICON.

Interview Details – Managers I interviewed were very personable and made me feel that it was not an interview at all. I also appreciated the honesty about the position and the expectations.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for and more.

CRAII Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ICON.

Interview Details – HR people contacted me and set up a Skype interview with 2 line managers. The interview was around an hour. The managers were nice and asked general questions like what would you do during the visit and so on. HR manager called me with an offer in a week.

Interview Question – When you reached a site for your routine monitoring visit, the site was closed and no one is there. What would you do?   Answer Question

Project Support Analyst II Interview

North Wales, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ICON in June 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from the recruiter about two months after I applied. Had a phone interview with the recruiter a few days later, it was more of a screening than an interview. She was very nice. I was then scheduled for an onsite interview with the director of the position and a peer. Interview went well. Director was on a video call since she is based overseas, but it wasn't awkward. The recruiter called me later the same day to schedule a second interview that would include a presentation and an additional person. The instructions were very vague. "Give a 5 minute presentation on a challenge you might have in this position." I asked if they wanted PowerPoint and was told by the recruiter she wasn't given that info so to use my best guess. The second interview did not go well from the get go. I got soaked in the rain because they had me walk to a different building. Two of the attendees were on the phone so I was presenting sitting at a table to a phone and one person in the room. I did not spend a lot of time on the Powerpoint because in my experience they are looking more for presentation skills than Powerpoint skills. When I realized that I'd be sharing my desktop I knew I was in trouble because they weren't seeing me only the Powerpoint. I felt I did well, but could tell by their reaction they were disappointed. The questioning from there went badly, and honestly I felt was unfair. They'd ask me questions and then seem disappointed that I didn't know exactly how they did thing at their company. They knew I had no CRO experience (but a lot of PM experience), but I felt the questions were hard to answer unless you knew CRO. The recruiter called a few days later and told me there was no offer due to my presentation. I wasn't surprised. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and, although I was disappointed, I have no ill feelings.

Interview Question – How would you improve our process?   View Answer

CRA Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ICON.

Interview Details – Very difficult to gain an interview with this company

Study Start-Up Associate Interview

Study Start-Up Associate
North Wales, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ICON in July 2011.

Interview Details – I did a presecreen and then interviewed on the phone. I was not required to come into the office for an on site interview. The phone interview went well but strangely I never got a call back. Usually, I would just say that they didn't want me but instead I called the HR recruiter to follow up. Come to find out they were supposed to call me back to offer the position like two weeks ago but someone dropped the ball and they didnt call me back. Long story short I started within the next few weeks.

Interview Question – Do you work with local or central IRBs?(at the time this was difficult because I was new in clinical research and had no idea...but this is nothing for you veterans)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, I didn't negotiate because I was so desparate for a job at the time. Don't be like me....you must negotiate.

Validation Analyst I Interview

Validation Analyst I
Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ICON in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online got a email 1 month later for a HR interview. Very good interview, she said will get back to me after talking to the QA team. Weeks later got a email for inperson Interview. 4 member panel, all genral questions. Good face to face interview. Had to take a test on logic flowchart and SQL queries

Interview Question – All genral interview questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICON

Worked for ICON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICON interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by ICON employees and interview candidates.