ICW Group

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Underwriter Interview

Business Development Underwriter
Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at ICW Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – HR in Home Office was not communicating with Branch Office Manager and the interview was cancelled three times and re-scheduled three times. Each time this happened the HR person did not seem to have access to the calendar for the Branch Manager and this all came out when I finally got to the interview and I was very frustrated by this communications breakdown.

Interview Question – You have not worked on the carrier side for many years so can you transition from agency/brokerage marketing and underwriting to carrier side marketing/underwriting?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Purchasing Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ICW Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and got an email informing me my skills wasn't not what the company was looking for. Ok., I moved on, but a week later I got a call from a recruiter for phone interview. After the phone interview the recruiter set up an office interview and I was told I would have to take the wonderlic test before the interview. I was surprised I would have to take the 12 minute test with a pencil and paper, I expected to take the test on a pc.
The interview was mostly a get to know you questions nothing really formal. Interviewee was attentive and courteous and gave me her business card before I left.

Company does not reply back to emails or lets candidates know that the job offer has been given to someone else. Rude!

Interview Question – What do expect to be doing in five years.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
San Diego, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ICW Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was impressed how efficient the company's hiring process was. The HR department contacted me within a day I posted my resume on their website. We had a 30 minute initial interview. I was called in the office within a week to take the IQ test and to have the panel interview.

Interview Question – Give examples where you had to resolve a conflict?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Senior Claims Examiner
San Diego, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at ICW Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and called me in about 4 days for an interview. They will ask you salary when they first call you. Then you will have to take the wonderlich test. After that you will meet with 3 people that will interview you. They are hard on you and you get the perception that they will be on their employees as well. Difficult because they will grill you about how you should proceed with hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Question – Tell me about your normal work day   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ICW Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Good questions on skills and industry knowledge.

Interview Question – Describe significant changes from SB 899?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiations. Tough market.

SQL Developer Interview

SQL Developer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ICW Group in May 2009.

Interview Details – Only went through initial phone screen. Well done, helpful, good technical screen questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Undewriter Interview

Undewriter

The process took 6 months - interviewed at ICW Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – They called me and I was interested. I flew myself across the country and interviewed. I had given up, then they called 5 weeks later and offered me the job. I paid to relocate cross-country. I killed myself for two years and really helped them out before they replaced me and laid me off.

Worked for ICW Group? Contribute to the Community!