ICW Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minutes with Human resources. They requested that I take the Wonderlic test. I met 1 hour with VP of IT to discuss background and experience. He left about 15 minutes at the end for me to ask any questions pertaining to the roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Technical questions then manager and hr will ask questions to candidate. Meet the engineers and managers, questions about Java/OO, etc. Question about yourself. How to handle difficult situations Salary negotiation could be difficult.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group.

Interview

I was first screened by HR with random questions they pulled off the internet. I heard nothing back for weeks then was asked to come in for an interview in person. I interviewed with the hiring manager and and another peer then the CIO. It went pretty well and was pretty painless. However, there was no followup by them - not even a "thanks for coming in". I sent thank you emails and asked HR for details on timeline and next steps. The whole process lacked communication and seemed a bit unprofessional. They also make you do one of those skills tests and any company I've ever been to that does one of those seems to not have their heads in the right place. If you are hiring for a senior position then I'm not sure the point of word and math problems.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied and got an email informing me my skills wasn't not what the company was looking for. Ok., I moved on, but a week later I got a call from a recruiter for phone interview. After the phone interview the recruiter set up an office interview and I was told I would have to take the wonderlic test before the interview. I was surprised I would have to take the 12 minute test with a pencil and paper, I expected to take the test on a pc. The interview was mostly a get to know you questions nothing really formal. Interviewee was attentive and courteous and gave me her business card before I left. Company does not reply back to emails or lets candidates know that the job offer has been given to someone else. Rude!

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Very simple and straight forward

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Very limited options

Business Development Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

HR in Home Office was not communicating with Branch Office Manager and the interview was cancelled three times and re-scheduled three times. Each time this happened the HR person did not seem to have access to the calendar for the Branch Manager and this all came out when I finally got to the interview and I was very frustrated by this communications breakdown.

Interview Questions

• You have not worked on the carrier side for many years so can you transition from agency/brokerage marketing and underwriting to carrier side marketing/underwriting?   2 Answers

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume and called me in about 4 days for an interview. They will ask you salary when they first call you. Then you will have to take the wonderlich test. After that you will meet with 3 people that will interview you. They are hard on you and you get the perception that they will be on their employees as well. Difficult because they will grill you about how you should proceed with hypothetical scenarios.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was impressed how efficient the company's hiring process was. The HR department contacted me within a day I posted my resume on their website. We had a 30 minute initial interview. I was called in the office within a week to take the IQ test and to have the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give examples where you had to resolve a conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Good questions on skills and industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiations. Tough market.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Only went through initial phone screen. Well done, helpful, good technical screen questions.