ID Analytics Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ID Analytics.

Had an initial easy phone screen with recruiter. The recruiter was nice and just asked me questions to see if I would be a good fit and if my skills met the qualifications for the position. The phone screen went well and the recruiter scheduled a phone screen with me and an engineering director.

The next phone screen consisted of mostly technical questions, and a some questions about my experience. The technical questions were basic data structure, OOP questions. He had a bit of an accent, but I could understand him well enough. Few days later the recruiter contacted me telling me that I passed the phone screen and that I would be having another technical phone screen with a more junior member of the team (but still a manager).

She had a horribly thick accent, and this time I only understood a couple of her questions. She thought I was really dumb because I could not understand her. I asked her to repeat the questions, or speak more slowly. But I'll be honest, even after she did, I still could not understand what words she was saying. Of the couple questions I could understand, she did not ask me hard questions. They were of the same difficulty as the previous phone screen. She was very upset with me during the phone call because I kept asking her to repeat. Unfortunately, I received an email from a recruiter couple days later saying I did not pass.

Interview Questions
    • basic data structure, OOP - "Explain abstraction and what it's used for"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ID Analytics in September 2009.

Was contacted by a very disinterested HR representative who asked me about my background then read 2 technical questions to me. A week later i was contacted by a very technical person who asked me a wide range of technical questions and was very professional. About 2 weeks later I was invited to go on-site to meet the staff. A few probing questions but mostly to see if it was a fit for the team. Over all a little disorganized but ok process.

Interview Questions
    • In your cellar there are three light switches in the OFF position. Each switch controls 1 of 3 light bulbs on the floor above. You may move any of the switches but you may only go upstairs to inspect the bulbs one time. How can you determine the switch for each bulb with one inspection??   View Answer
    • have you ever had to deal with a difficult co-worker? Explain in detail.   Answer Question
    They will extremely low ball you anticipating that you will negotiate up to market level. They wont go above market.

Analytics Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at ID Analytics in September 2011.

It started with a phone call from the hiring manager. He asked a few technical questions to gauge my aptitude for object oriented programming and statistics.
    This was followed up a few days later by an invitation to come on-site for an in-person day-long visit consisting of a presentation by me followed by a series of one-on-ones and panel interviews with the various members of the analytics team as well as some from the marketing dept.

Interview Questions
    • Come up with a recursive algorithm to merge two arbitrary lists of lists into one such that the first element of each sublist in the second list is prepended to the front of each sublist in the first.   Answer Question
    • Describe why the Kullback-Liebler divergence is often more sensitive than the Kolmogorov-Smirnov statistic when comparing distributions when one distribution has a much smaller number of degrees of freedom than the other   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ID Analytics.

Hiring Process:Very Good, professional, well scheduled.
    Interview Process: Very Good, Test the analytical skills, core concepts of the candidate

Pay, benefits

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ID Analytics in March 2010.

Interview process was pretty easy. they look for you rexperience. if you have it than you got it

Interview Questions

Worked for ID Analytics? Contribute to the Community!