IDC (International Data Corporation)

www.idc.com

IDC (International Data Corporation) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.5

Program Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation).

Multiple Interviews and long drawn out process. Took 2 months after start of the process

Interview Questions
    • Why IDC -- Internally folks do not believe talented people can opt to join IDC   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Market was tough.

Program Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation).

Overall, the process was very relaxed and informal: one phone interview with recruiter, one long face to face informal interview with hiring manager, two short face to face informal conversations with executive management. Fairly efficient in scheduling the interviews. The company does not have a standard screening process and it mostly depends on the hiring manager position. .

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation).

Initial phone interview with HR. than a phone interview with the hiring manager. later on i was given a presentation and an excel test. The feedback was positive but they were looking for someone with greater quantitative skills.

Research Manager, IDC Google and Facebook Company Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) in October 2012.

Hiring process required being interviewed by Framingham-based HR specialist who then set up an interview with a San Francisco, California-based hiring manager. Position had been open since July.

Interview Questions
    • How would you advice one of the business monoliths, such as Verizon, Comcast, IBM, etc., to strategically leverage new-age players like Amazon.com, Apple, Facebook or Google?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) in August 2011.

Everything was pretty straightforward. The HR person set up the phone interviews with the hiring manager. IDC offers a good working environment where people can work from home when needed. They also offer good benefits and has a good work culture.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) in January 2011.

Honestly it was not good experiance, loss of time, effort and money, result zero
    I got the first round of telephonic other side guy had heavy accent asked very typical kind of questions on swing like what are the three top level containers in swing and low level API's of swing and some general questions of EJB's etc...
    then they called me for in-person round they gave me the question and laptop to write jtree and jtable and add it to JSplitPan and upon selection of a leaf, data should get populated in table, I coded and tested that in approx 90+ min. then he asked me to add some enhancements to it, like make cell selectable not the row or when select few cell show the selected data in console, I added the specific method print it on console etc. then he started asking to add more enhancements bla bla, then I felt like is it a fake interview or real, however I did 50% and missed 50% because i didnt wanted handle his more his more enhancements request since already more than 150 minutes were passed, but I tried to make him happy and ended the conversation. then they called me for the next round new guy asked me very idiotic and non practical and non industry standard kind of questions on java and he tried proving that he knows more, and heights of hypothesis he had he wants to create the 3 millions of objects of some class,
    another one he wants to clone the object in user defined generic class, more or less here is there system desing front end Swing, server side EJB and swing is making direct call to EJB thats also stateless session bean, i asked how do you maintain the session he said he has one Statufull Bean and thats working faster than the stateless :) but that didnt sound satisfactory answer to me, then he asked me the transaction attrib, requires, requires new etc. i didnt remember that and their behaviour, because I havent worked on ejb from past 4 years :), that is very much clear in my resume, he asked me questions on java, Hibernate, EJB's {and wow database lastly he ended up by asking up to table partioning } //thats not my area dude, for me this was my valuable time, I took ouple of day off from work, and I am consultant, lost two days of billing, wasted my time, every one knows development field has been expanded too much its not practical to remember syntax, attributes and api's and bla bla, not a good experiance

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) in June 2009.

Interview was very easy went well great boss to work for.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) in May 2009.

HR phone screen. Onsite, 3 people. Then asked to prepare presentation with slides. Did this for 6-8 people! All good. Then called back to meet w/2 more, told I got the job. Then they went dark. Found out HR person had been laid off and the job itself had been "deferred", but I had to call to find this out, no one told me.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation).

The interview was intended to be around an hour, ended up being longer. Very relaxed and passionate interviewers. Fun conversation, relaxed process.

They did not send me an email about their decision after the interview. I had to follow up myself, and got a response very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had written similar reports in the past.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation).

Chaotic; two-day process involving:
    Day 1: turn up and wait 20 mins for someone to open the door; have an informal chat; sit a rather easy exam.
    Day 2: more waiting outside the door; even longer waiting as the person you are to see is over an hour late; 5 min chat and then offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real interview-type questions, just a general conversation.   Answer Question