Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at IDEO
- Designer (3)
- Coordinator (1)
- CNC Programmer (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Mechanical Engineering Intern (1)
- Design (1)
- Principal Interaction Designer (1)
- Visual Interaction Designer (1)
- Storyteller (1)
- Business Community Coordinator (1)
- Experience, Learning and Development Specialist (1)
- Talent Lead (1)
- Trainee Management (1)
- OpenIDEO Community Manager (1)
- Senior Leadership Coordinator (1)
- Associate (1)
- Lead (1)
- Lead Interaction Designer (1)
- IT Support Specialist (1)
- Business Designer (1)
- Business Development (1)
- Industrial Designer (1)
- Interaction Design (1)
- Interaction Design Lead (1)
- Interaction Designer (1)
- Human Factors Specialist (1)
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at IDEO in May 2015.
Applied online and recruiter emailed me. Then a recruiter followed up with an email for phone interview. (Phone Interview - In person Interview process) It took 3weeks. It was very friendly. But after a few week, I got a rejection email from a recruiter.
- What's your super power? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for IDEO
Designer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at IDEO (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2010.
The people of IDEO are generally very kind. They ask interesting questions and are very selective. So much so that if you leave a bad impression with one of the interviewer, that will kill it (which was my case). Be prepared. Know IDEO's culture. Read the books. Make "thinking out of the box" second mature.
Design InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at IDEO (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2009.
The interview process on telephone will be the first indicator if your character fits. There might be a lot of calls and the people interviewing you are very likely to be the people you will working with, so see it both ways.
Designer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
(Translated from English)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at IDEO (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2010.
Nette Umgebung. Ich hatte viele Einzelgespräche mit verschiedenen Leuten. Manche waren interessant, viele schienen, als wären sie irgendwie bedroht. Ich wurde von Freunden empfohlen, daher bewarb ich mich über die Webseite. Am Ende fragten sie, ob ich sofort für ein Projekt als freie Mitarbeiter verfügbar sei.
Nice environment. I had a lot of separate conversations with different people. Some were interesting, others seemed like they were threatened somehow. I was referred by friends so I did not apply through the website. In the end they asked if I was available to freelance on a project right away.
- Es gab nicht wirklich, die hart waren. Ich hatte das Gefühl, das sie auf ein Gespräch mit mir nicht vorbereitet waren. Daher sprachen wir viel über Philosophie, Geschichte und verschiedene Erfahrungen. Am Ende hatten wir über viel geredet. There were not really any that were that hard. I had the feeling that they were not really prepared to interview me. So we talked a lot about philosophy, history and different experiences. We covered a lot of ground in the end. 1 Answer
Ich habe zunächst freiberuflich gearbeitet. Es lief ganz gut. Sie boten mir eine Vollzeitstelle, weil ich freiberuflich viel mehr machte. Ich nahm es an, weil es eine gute Firma war.
I did freelance first. It went well. They offered me a fulltime job because I was making much more freelance. I took it because it was a good company.