IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.7

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (Westbrook, ME).

Interview

Long (I think I met with 6 people individually) but very laid back. The hiring manager served as the organizer. He kept the interview on schedule and let me know who I was meeting with that day. The interview was very informal as they were mostly trying to get a sense of my overall personality as well as my portfolio and process. Basically there weren't any typical "curveball" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Give 3 words to describe yourself   1 Answer

Medical Laboratory Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was referred to the position from a former manager at Antech. Interview consisted of night bench manager, day bench manager, and lab manager with the lab manager from the Houston lab on the phone. Typical interview. Asked about my previous experience from Antech and what my 5 year goals were. Also discussed what I planned to do with my Ani sci degree. Very good interview process. Not as intimidating as other interviews I've been on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the basic process of O&P sample from start to finish.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed, I was very satisfied with the offer based on my previous lab experience.

Manufactoring Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

I was hired because I could do the job well and came via temp agency otherwise they would, if you asking why you will need family member working there to get hired or get better promotion.

Interview Questions

• I m an American, been asked where are you originated, We are concerned you might not fit out team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

interrogation, for an racial qualification then employment opportunity.

Customer Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (Westbrook, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

2 on 1 interview process. They will hire you on the spot if they like you. Be on time, they do care what you look like and how you present yourself. Make sure you have lots of questions for them, they like that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in Westbrook, ME by email. Set up a phone interview. She was very friendly, asked about my goals and career history. More of a conversation. She said she was excited about me as a future employee and said she would contact the manager at the laboratory near me (not in Maine) to set up an in person interview. She brought up salary and told me the position paid 15-17 an hour to start and that my qualifications(CVT with 8 years experience) would put me on the high end. The interview with the lab manager was easy, just a tour of the lab and some basic interview questions dealing with career goals and past lab experience. He admitted he was new to the veterinary field and didn't understand what a "vet tech" did and why vet techs would be qualified to do veterinary lab work.....??? Then how did he become the manager of a vet lab employing veterinary technicians? Any good vet tech knows that lab work is a huge part of their job. So anyway, he contacted me a couple days later and offered me the position. When I went to sign the paperwork the offer was for $14 an hour. Less than the lowest of the starting range! I told him I had spoken to the recruiter about the range and he seemed embarrassed and said he would correct the mistake. He then called the next day asking for me to come back in to resolve the pay issue. I declined the offer. Also, be aware they want you to sign a non compete clause which makes you unable to gain employment at a vet lab of any type for 2 years after leaving Idexx. Which is a career ender if you end up quitting or getting fired and then can't work for any competitors.

Interview Questions

• Why does being a Veterinary Technician make you qualified to work in a Veterinary Lab?   1 Answer

Low pay, bad feeling about manager

Specimen Processor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter four days later to set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for three days later. Three more days later, I received an email from the recruiter to set up an on-site interview with the night supervisor and lab manager. I had the interview two days later. One day after the interview, I received a call with the job offer. It was all quite quick and simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was fine with the offer.

Facilities Space Planner Interview

Interview

After navigating the annoying online application process which allows you to attach your resume but still makes you dump the raw text into the form, it took over 3 months to hear back from them. After weeks of endless trips to the site for a very disorganized interview process, I was eventually hired. Onboarding was horrible as well, but if you make it through all that its not a bad plaec to work.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Field Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Recieved an email from a recruiter on a job website telling me I was qualified to apply for position. Talked to recruiter on the phone for about an hour. Discussed job history, job details, and salary etc.
    Then had an interview with the area hiring manager who was great. Not intimidating or stressful at all. Waiting for call back on next step.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal/talk down an irate customer? Give example.
      How would you troubleshoot low platelet results that the doctor is consistently getting?

Answer Question

Manufactoring Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (Westbrook, ME) in October 2014.

Interview

you better have European last name, Color skin or a family member working there. I worked as temp worker for 1.5 years. it would help if I had family member I have been asked that often to qualify me for employment

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (Portland, ME) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Very nice approach. Generic questions about why I was applying for the job and my previous career
    Second interview with Business Director. Very pleasant. Discussion about marketing ideas for the specific product. No unusual questions. Questions about my specific experience, my professional background.
    They asked if I was available to relocate to Maine.
    They offered me an opportunity to ask questions, and they answered in a very generic way...not uncommon.
    After the interview it took a long time for them to get back to me, and I had to email and call a few times. That was the only negative of the interview process.