IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.6

Facilities Space Planner Interview

After navigating the annoying online application process which allows you to attach your resume but still makes you dump the raw text into the form, it took over 3 months to hear back from them. After weeks of endless trips to the site for a very disorganized interview process, I was eventually hired. Onboarding was horrible as well, but if you make it through all that its not a bad plaec to work.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the best candidate for this position?   View Answer

Specimen Processor I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter four days later to set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for three days later. Three more days later, I received an email from the recruiter to set up an on-site interview with the night supervisor and lab manager. I had the interview two days later. One day after the interview, I received a call with the job offer. It was all quite quick and simple.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because I was fine with the offer.

Field Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in October 2014.

Recieved an email from a recruiter on a job website telling me I was qualified to apply for position. Talked to recruiter on the phone for about an hour. Discussed job history, job details, and salary etc.
    Then had an interview with the area hiring manager who was great. Not intimidating or stressful at all. Waiting for call back on next step.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal/talk down an irate customer? Give example.
      How would you troubleshoot low platelet results that the doctor is consistently getting?

Answer Question

Manufactoring Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in October 2014.

you better have European last name, Color skin or a family member working there. I worked as temp worker for 1.5 years. it would help if I had family member I have been asked that often to qualify me for employment

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in September 2014.

Initial phone interview with HR. Very nice approach. Generic questions about why I was applying for the job and my previous career
    Second interview with Business Director. Very pleasant. Discussion about marketing ideas for the specific product. No unusual questions. Questions about my specific experience, my professional background.
    They asked if I was available to relocate to Maine.
    They offered me an opportunity to ask questions, and they answered in a very generic way...not uncommon.
    After the interview it took a long time for them to get back to me, and I had to email and call a few times. That was the only negative of the interview process.

Field Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in May 2014.

Talked to a hiring recruiter that did a phone screening that took about an hour. Then was contacted by a hiring manager which gave another hour long phone interview, then talked to a second hiring manager from a different territory that took another hour long phone interview. Met with first hiring manager and his boss for a face to face interview that took 3 hours. Had to do a 10 minute presentation. They contacted my references, now just waiting to hear if I got the job.

IT Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in May 2014.

Applied online. Got a call from HR asking and checking basic eligibility. Skype/phone interview was scheduled in a week. The interview went for 40 mins. Three people took the interview. Questions was pretty decent. One interviewer didn't sound interested at all. Other two were good. Mostly resume walk through and tested technical skills on a basic/intermediate level. Not too deep.

No negotiation. HR said in the first call itself upfront the pay that will be offered.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

HR forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. The Admin set up the interview schedule over the phone. I met with each member of my immediate group along with managers at the same level as my current manager. The process took about half a day. It included a quick tour of the campus. It was pretty informal.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my background and what I liked/ didn't like.   Answer Question
    I was so happy to get an offer, I didn't try to negotiate

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

Terribly long hiring process. Extremely disorganized HR department.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. Inconvenience of many onsite interviews.   Answer Question
    terrible. Cheap.

Laboratory Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

Pleasant experience interviewing and meeting members of the research team.

Interview Questions

Not financially able to accept