IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

2.7

Medical Laboratory Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

I was referred to the position from a former manager at Antech. Interview consisted of night bench manager, day bench manager, and lab manager with the lab manager from the Houston lab on the phone. Typical interview. Asked about my previous experience from Antech and what my 5 year goals were. Also discussed what I planned to do with my Ani sci degree. Very good interview process. Not as intimidating as other interviews I've been on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the basic process of O&P sample from start to finish.   View Answer
    No negotiation needed, I was very satisfied with the offer based on my previous lab experience.

Manufactoring Tech Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

I was hired because I could do the job well and came via temp agency otherwise they would, if you asking why you will need family member working there to get hired or get better promotion.

Interview Questions
    • I m an American, been asked where are you originated, We are concerned you might not fit out team.   View Answer
    interrogation, for an racial qualification then employment opportunity.

Laboratory Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in Westbrook, ME by email. Set up a phone interview. She was very friendly, asked about my goals and career history. More of a conversation. She said she was excited about me as a future employee and said she would contact the manager at the laboratory near me (not in Maine) to set up an in person interview. She brought up salary and told me the position paid 15-17 an hour to start and that my qualifications(CVT with 8 years experience) would put me on the high end. The interview with the lab manager was easy, just a tour of the lab and some basic interview questions dealing with career goals and past lab experience. He admitted he was new to the veterinary field and didn't understand what a "vet tech" did and why vet techs would be qualified to do veterinary lab work.....??? Then how did he become the manager of a vet lab employing veterinary technicians? Any good vet tech knows that lab work is a huge part of their job. So anyway, he contacted me a couple days later and offered me the position. When I went to sign the paperwork the offer was for $14 an hour. Less than the lowest of the starting range! I told him I had spoken to the recruiter about the range and he seemed embarrassed and said he would correct the mistake. He then called the next day asking for me to come back in to resolve the pay issue. I declined the offer. Also, be aware they want you to sign a non compete clause which makes you unable to gain employment at a vet lab of any type for 2 years after leaving Idexx. Which is a career ender if you end up quitting or getting fired and then can't work for any competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Why does being a Veterinary Technician make you qualified to work in a Veterinary Lab?   View Answer

Low pay, bad feeling about manager

Facilities Space Planner Interview

After navigating the annoying online application process which allows you to attach your resume but still makes you dump the raw text into the form, it took over 3 months to hear back from them. After weeks of endless trips to the site for a very disorganized interview process, I was eventually hired. Onboarding was horrible as well, but if you make it through all that its not a bad plaec to work.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the best candidate for this position?   View Answer

Specimen Processor I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter four days later to set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for three days later. Three more days later, I received an email from the recruiter to set up an on-site interview with the night supervisor and lab manager. I had the interview two days later. One day after the interview, I received a call with the job offer. It was all quite quick and simple.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because I was fine with the offer.

Field Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in October 2014.

Recieved an email from a recruiter on a job website telling me I was qualified to apply for position. Talked to recruiter on the phone for about an hour. Discussed job history, job details, and salary etc.
    Then had an interview with the area hiring manager who was great. Not intimidating or stressful at all. Waiting for call back on next step.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal/talk down an irate customer? Give example.
      How would you troubleshoot low platelet results that the doctor is consistently getting?

Answer Question

Manufactoring Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in October 2014.

you better have European last name, Color skin or a family member working there. I worked as temp worker for 1.5 years. it would help if I had family member I have been asked that often to qualify me for employment

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in September 2014.

Initial phone interview with HR. Very nice approach. Generic questions about why I was applying for the job and my previous career
    Second interview with Business Director. Very pleasant. Discussion about marketing ideas for the specific product. No unusual questions. Questions about my specific experience, my professional background.
    They asked if I was available to relocate to Maine.
    They offered me an opportunity to ask questions, and they answered in a very generic way...not uncommon.
    After the interview it took a long time for them to get back to me, and I had to email and call a few times. That was the only negative of the interview process.

Field Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in May 2014.

Talked to a hiring recruiter that did a phone screening that took about an hour. Then was contacted by a hiring manager which gave another hour long phone interview, then talked to a second hiring manager from a different territory that took another hour long phone interview. Met with first hiring manager and his boss for a face to face interview that took 3 hours. Had to do a 10 minute presentation. They contacted my references, now just waiting to hear if I got the job.

IT Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in May 2014.

Applied online. Got a call from HR asking and checking basic eligibility. Skype/phone interview was scheduled in a week. The interview went for 40 mins. Three people took the interview. Questions was pretty decent. One interviewer didn't sound interested at all. Other two were good. Mostly resume walk through and tested technical skills on a basic/intermediate level. Not too deep.

No negotiation. HR said in the first call itself upfront the pay that will be offered.