IDOT

Very Easy Interview

Non-Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Non-Engineering Summer Intern
Effingham, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IDOT in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple. Apply, and find out if you're accepted. No interview process.

Negotiation Details – Simply asked if I wanted the job and I said yes.

Summer Technical Interview

Summer Technical
Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IDOT in May 2008.

Interview Details – Basically you turn in your application. My parents worked for IDOT so they got me the application. You may need to contact someone within the company. I dont believe they made them accessible to everyone. After that, I got a phone call from the person in charge of the summer program. She set up an interview with the office engineer. I met with him and I was placed at a location shortly after. Overall it's like any interview, pretty basic. They'll ask you why you want the position, what you want out of it and how you can be an asset to them. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – How can you be an asset to IDOT?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate this position.

Worked for IDOT? Contribute to the Community!