IDT

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IDT in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were two phone rounds. A coding assignment was given. First the supervisor called and asked mostly about Linux commands and programming concepts.Then a coding assignment was given. After that, the director called after 2 days and asked some technical questions and then discussed the job details.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult as such. You should be thorough with Linux basics.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Interview

ASIC Design

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IDT.

Interview Details – Really great communication. Secretary set everything up without a hitch. Tough, but fair and organized interview. Four or five whiteboard questions ranging from software to hardware design. Afternoon easier--more of background, personality questions. As I said, tough, but the guys interviewing were very nice and offered suggestions that got my brain moving.

Interview Question – Design a sequencer that can detect a certain sequence of binary values.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IDT in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process goes through strong checks: 2 interviews. First with to managers and then with the department VP. Things went really smoothly, great people.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can remember out of the top of my head. It was a pretty straight forward interview to better understand my knowledge.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IDT in April 2012.

Interview Details – General talking, then talk about the education background. Then discuss with the resume.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IDT in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager of a new group at IDT contacted me for Sr Test Engineer position and asked me a few questions (phone screen) about my past experience.
I was then asked to come in for an onsite interview. There I met with several members of the team from Test and Design as well as with the Director of that new group. Half of the questions were focused on my experience, and the other half were technical, focused on OpAmps, Power Management devices (LDO, Buck, Boost), and some basic fundamental circuit questions.

Interview Question – Approximate the Voltage Output of a Boost Power Converter and show how you derive that equation.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IDT in September 2008.

Interview Details – Apply online, HR phone interview, folow-up questions, 1:1 interview, 1:1 hiring manager interview and manager's manager interview, offer, background check

Interview Questions

• Talk about the marketing initiatives you have worked in the recent years   Answer Question
  • What experience d you have in the market segment and how can you demonstrate ROI   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a much higher offer

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IDT in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on site.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IDT in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interviw as I had given my resume through the campus. They asked about my major and what was my interest in taking that major. What would be my second choice of my major if any? What was my favorite class and why did I like it taht much. They talked about their company and what were their goals.

Interview Question – What are the other companies you are interested in?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IDT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IDT interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by IDT employees and interview candidates.