IEEE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Editor, Document Developer (Standards Department) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

First phone call and meeting with HR; needed to fill out an online application in the HR office so bring your work history with you. Once complete I met with hiring manager for about 45 minutes and was also given a skills test. A second interview was peer, scheduled with folks who were to be my coworkers. A third interview was attempted, to meet with the head of the department, but this individual was traveling extensively at the time and, when too much time had passed, HR made me an offer anyway.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you might handle a rejection to a request for cooperation.   1 Answer

International Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

I got into this company as a temporary worker. After about a year, the upper management approved to make my position become permanent. Once they posted the new position, I had to apply and interview for the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IEEE.

Interview

Email and phone call fro the hiring manager. Pleasant conversation, easy questions for an internships position. While the hiring manager canceled and we went back and forth a few times to actually get to the interview, it was worth it. I got the email offering me the position 5 days later.

Associate Art Director Magazines & Newsletters Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long process. First interview with HR at the end of March (this kind of screening is usually done on the phone with a recruiter-HR employee didn't know much about the position), second interview with hiring manager at the end of April, rejection letter finally came 6 weeks later. There was a homework assignment and an on-site assignment. The interviewer's questions followed a strict script.

Administrator Interview

Interview

Process was inexplicably drug out over more than 3 months. I'd written them off after a few weeks, but they kept calling me back, then left me hanging again. What was so unexpected is that I was asked almost no questions at all. I felt my interviewers were trying to sell the organization to me because they did most of the talking. At times I couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. There were practically no questions at all.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IEEE in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was very casual. Interviewer asked a couple questions, then asked if I had any questions. Interview was held in small office space but did not feel threatened by lack of space or tense air. Just a very regular interview.

Interview Questions

• What does an H Bridge do?   Answer Question
    • How can you drive a motor, that runs in a couple milliamps, using a microprocessor that puts out larger current?   Answer Question

Contact Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager basically is wasting people's time. By looking at my resume, she knew that I did not have heavy supervisor experience, and yet she called me for interview. I thought for a moment that it may be a chance given. But no.. when I get there, like 5 minutes, she just looked at my resume again and rejected me right there. It was a waste of time interview. She should have looked at the resume carefully first before calling candidates. According to the hiring manager, she is calling all candidates who sent resume to interview. I guess that she has nothing else to do. She should have done phone interview first and filter all non-qualified candidates. I could do a better job as hiring manager... It totally wastes my time.

Interview Questions

• Have you done performance review for people who work under you ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

First had a phone screening where the manager thoroughly described the company and department and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview a week later. Met with the hiring manager as well as 2 other members of the team. Things went very smoothly and everyone was very pleasant to be around. I had a great experience talking with them. The interview questions were generic.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where a team member was not doing their job?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

Many levels of interviews conducted, by Director, Senior Manager, and co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall at this time, most questions were related to resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IEEE.

Interview

The interview began on topic and rather refreshing. However, it was not very long until the interview went off focus, as they had two other associates join in the questioning and conversing with the initial interviewer and myself. I felt that transition was abrupt and disorganized, as I had to repeat much of my prior answers. It was a circular, regressive interview rather than an expansive, focused, and interesting one. They were also vague on what tasks I would perform when I asked upon being prompted to inquiry anything at the close of the interview.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about budgeting time between internal and external communications, which I found confusing since the position was listed as strictly internal communications.   Answer Question